Matrix Games Forums

Ageod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new update
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Norm Koger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch Release

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Norm Koger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch Release Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Norm Koger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch Release - 6/27/2006 11:52:22 AM   
Alex Fiedler

Important patch fixes release bug

Matrix Games, in conjunction with Norm Koger and the TOAD team, are pleased to announce the first update for Norm Koger’s The Operational Art of War III, which was released earlier this month. The patch fixes a reconstitution bug found in the release version of the game as well as a few other minor issues. Download The Operational Art of War III official patch from the Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com and check the Games and Forum pages for more information on TOAW III.

With over 130 of the best scenario designs of the last five years included in The Operational Art Of War III, along with more than 70 classic TOAW scenarios from the original series, The Operational Art of War III sets a new benchmark in operational wargaming.

Norm Koger’s The Operational Art of War series is legendary among wargamers. A masterpiece of flexible design, it allows you to play and create any battle from the entire 20th Century of warfare and up to the modern day, with reasonable accuracy back as far as the 1850s. Originally released by TalonSoft, Matrix Games last year acquired the rights and source code to The Operational Art of War. Now, together with Norm Koger and a new design team, we bring you the definitive release of this unsurpassed operational wargame –The Operational Art of War III !

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 6/27/2006 2:47:16 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III ... - 6/27/2006 12:28:08 PM   
BigDuke66

Next time the version numbers for ALL languages should be edited.
I see German and French with 11d and 11f at the end and in Polish even with only a 6.
Only with Englisch language I see the 14 at the end.

JOIN The Blitz Wargaming Club

"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"

(in reply to Alex Fiedler)
Post #: 2
RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch ... - 6/27/2006 7:40:23 PM   
ralphtrick

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

Next time the version numbers for ALL languages should be edited.
I see German and French with 11d and 11f at the end and in Polish even with only a 6.
Only with Englisch language I see the 14 at the end.

Agreed. I need to put separate version numbers for the executable and the language files.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW III Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 3
RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch ... - 6/28/2006 1:01:43 AM   
parusski

Thanks for the quick patch. The fixes and features are a good mix.

Above all-thanks for bringing this game back to us.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to ralphtrick)
Post #: 4
RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch ... - 6/28/2006 6:25:02 PM   
JW

Is this identical to the beta patch, or do I need to install this one? I have already installed the beta patch.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 5
RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch ... - 6/28/2006 7:51:35 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: JW

Is this identical to the beta patch, or do I need to install this one? I have already installed the beta patch.

Yes, it is identical to the beta patch.

< Message edited by JAMiAM -- 6/28/2006 7:52:20 PM >

(in reply to JW)
Post #: 6
RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch ... - 6/29/2006 6:15:32 AM   
JW

Thanks. And I to Matrix for giving this great game a great new home.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 7
RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch ... - 6/29/2006 9:13:57 AM   
liuzg150181

Ah,i have finally seen reconstituted units returning as reinforcements as last,prior to that i wonder where those units went.
A mandatory patch IMO. 

(in reply to JW)
Post #: 8
RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch ... - 6/29/2006 2:37:27 PM   
fei_hung

Great support is the key in getting people to buy matrixgames

The more I play TOAW 3 , the less interest I have in starting a HPS Pzc game ...

My TOAW III PBEM Record

1SV , 1 DRAW ,8 On Going !!

(in reply to liuzg150181)
Post #: 9
RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch ... - 6/29/2006 3:28:10 PM   
liuzg150181

quote:

ORIGINAL: fei_hung

Great support is the key in getting people to buy matrixgames

The more I play TOAW 3 , the less interest I have in starting a HPS Pzc game ...

I afraid I have to concur with the latter,moreover IMO TOAW3 is tailored for WW2 scenarios.

(in reply to fei_hung)
Post #: 10
RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch ... - 6/30/2006 9:31:54 AM   
Mad Cow

I have been unable to download the patch from the link I got from the games downloads section.

Are there any mirrors I can try to get it from?

(in reply to liuzg150181)
Post #: 11
RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch ... - 6/30/2006 4:15:17 PM   
ralphtrick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Cow

I have been unable to download the patch from the link I got from the games downloads section.

Are there any mirrors I can try to get it from?

Try http://www.gamershell.com/news/31065.html

Ralph Trickey
TOAW III Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

(in reply to Mad Cow)
Post #: 12
RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch ... - 6/30/2006 7:30:00 PM   
Mad Cow

thanks.

(in reply to ralphtrick)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Norm Koger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch Release Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI