Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Olympus

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Olympus Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Olympus - 6/21/2006 6:27:52 PM   
Crimguy

Finally eked out a Victory as the Allies in the Olympus scenario - it's a blast, and was touch-and-go for most of the final 3 days. Numerous units got cut off from the main roads by the german advance. Anyone who plays it will be impressed by both the map and the AI's approach to your exit area.
Post #: 1
RE: Olympus - 6/21/2006 10:52:39 PM   
captskillet

Crim I just finished it as Germans and lost 33 to 34 (well they called it a draw), I caused 5378 casualties, 89 AFV's and 60 guns..........I lost 839 men, 13 AFV's and 14 guns and for the last 1 1/2 days had all VP hexes (I guess not long enough) and all I got was a stinkin' draw and threats of the Eastern Front from Field Marshall List !

Great scenario and map (weather sucks however if Hist weather is used )

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 2
RE: Olympus - 6/22/2006 9:42:27 AM   
Neilster

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

Crim I just finished it as Germans and lost 33 to 34 (well they called it a draw), I caused 5378 casualties, 89 AFV's and 60 guns..........I lost 839 men, 13 AFV's and 14 guns and for the last 1 1/2 days had all VP hexes (I guess not long enough) and all I got was a stinkin' draw and threats of the Eastern Front from Field Marshall List !

Great scenario and map (weather sucks however if Hist weather is used )

Threats of the Eastern Front? Man...that's serious. Barbarossa doesn't even start until June 22.

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 3
RE: Olympus - 6/22/2006 11:05:53 AM   
Golf33

ROFL. That's a great catch.

I guess it's fair - those units all ended up on the Eastern Front anyway, win lose or draw!

Steve Golf33 Long

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 4
RE: Olympus - 6/22/2006 12:24:47 PM   
Arjuna

Yeh, yeh... but remember that the German's only went into Greece to shore up their southern flank for the invasion of the USSR. By April most of the forces that were to participate in the drive East were already near the Soviet border.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Golf33)
Post #: 5
RE: Olympus - 6/22/2006 2:16:48 PM   
captskillet

Well he did say this performance would not be acceptable in the future and where did all of the Germans problem children end up............eventually ............the EASTERN FRONT........just ask General Burkhalter (Klink you idiot )!

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Post #: 6
RE: Olympus - 6/22/2006 4:55:57 PM   
Crimguy

Yeah, but the Germans didn't believe there would be an Eastern front for more than 6 months, so it is not much of a threat.  Digging trenches in Libya was probably about as bad as it got at that point.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Olympus Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI