Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH - 6/1/2006 10:35:33 AM   
forgorin

"British paratroopers looking for a few good men."

The British paratroopers are looking for a few (hundred) good men to replace those recently slaughtered during out attempt to fight our way off the beach.

I am having a blast in the long long long road to a body bag. Its great (need I say it again?)!! Any ways I bought one company of paratroopers one company of regular infantry around half a dozen tanks and a smattering of other tings like AA, AT, AT infantry. Vickers heavy machine gun boys and some arty! I dropped my para men (wont tell you where!) and well they experienced what it is like to get torn limb from limb. You would think that they liked it the way that they all jumped in and got the same treatment! As I like to say at times like this. They were CRUSHED. I guess it shows poorly on me that the rest or the force put up a rather pitiful show of it themselves. Talk about getting beaten like a rented mule.

Now its time to regroup and retry!!

Wild Bill, what a BLAST

P.S.  I'm playig as the British in case you hadnt noticed!

Stress is the confusion created when ones own mind over rides the bodies desire to choke the living **** out of some asshole who really deserves it!
Post #: 1
RE: AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH - 6/3/2006 7:09:21 PM   
PimpYourAFV

Congratulations. Your paratroopers will become tough grunts full of grit and of good character with all that hardship they are enduring.

(in reply to forgorin)
Post #: 2
RE: AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH - 6/8/2006 4:28:51 AM   
forgorin

Unfortunatly I have had some computer problems and my save games ae gone. I will be restarting again. Probable with Enhanced be not too sure. Probable gunna have the same build so... Lets see if we can toughten them up again eh!

Stress is the confusion created when ones own mind over rides the bodies desire to choke the living **** out of some asshole who really deserves it!

(in reply to PimpYourAFV)
Post #: 3
RE: AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH - 6/8/2006 10:17:30 AM   
PimpYourAFV

Just make sure you take some good licks if you wanna get properly toughened up. Nothing hardens dweeby greens better than a good slaughter. Make sure you don't use any mod with the long long road to death, at least until Alby finishes fixing up the enhanced version of the campaign.

(in reply to forgorin)
Post #: 4
RE: AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH - 6/8/2006 10:20:39 AM   
forgorin

****. I thought he had finished. ARGH oh well I guess ill just start with out it. Ive got to get this finished so that I can start another campaign. Thinking the checs might be fun to have a go with. Next will me the usm. Just need to get the Japanese finished too!

(in reply to forgorin)
Post #: 5
RE: AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH - 6/9/2006 2:18:32 AM   
azraelck

Heh, I'm actually starting Stalingrad with the Enhanced mod... without waiting for an enhanced version of it. I haven't yet did much in it, work becons, but I intend to get an hour or two in it soon enough.

(in reply to forgorin)
Post #: 6
RE: AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH - 6/9/2006 2:36:46 AM   
forgorin

Just be carefull of those sneeky tanks that disguise themselvs as infantry!

(in reply to azraelck)
Post #: 7
RE: AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH - 6/9/2006 2:46:51 AM   
azraelck

Or the sneaky infantry that disguise themselves as tanks. I already know from loading up a Long Campaign save that I'm taking a break from. :P 

(in reply to forgorin)
Post #: 8
RE: AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH - 6/9/2006 12:50:58 PM   
PimpYourAFV

well get it together azraelck! Even you must have enough self discipline to be able to schedule a game of steel panthers and stick to the plan.

(in reply to azraelck)
Post #: 9
RE: AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH - 6/9/2006 3:28:50 PM   
azraelck

Yep. Despite a 90 hour work week. I just don't post AARs very much anymore. 

Post #: 10
RE: AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH - 6/9/2006 5:10:25 PM   
forgorin

you work too much

(in reply to azraelck)
Post #: 11
RE: AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH - 6/9/2006 6:03:32 PM   
PimpYourAFV

karoushi yare!!

(in reply to forgorin)
Post #: 12
RE: AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH - 6/10/2006 12:43:12 AM   
azraelck

Nah, this is the medium season really. It's when I break 100+ hours that I won't be plaing SPWaW any. Mostly because there are other things to play with that are a hell of a lot sexier. But, after Labor day it's over, and I'm back to 40 hours.

Post #: 13
RE: AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH - 6/10/2006 3:14:45 AM   
PimpYourAFV

quote:

ORIGINAL: azraelck

Nah, this is the medium season really. It's when I break 100+ hours that I won't be plaing SPWaW any. Mostly because there are other things to play with that are a hell of a lot sexier.

You mean the nurse call button? You might think that's sexy but they sure won't. Not for you anyways.

(in reply to azraelck)
Post #: 14
RE: AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH - 6/10/2006 4:21:47 AM   
forgorin

What the hell do you do to work like that. youre killing your self

(in reply to azraelck)
Post #: 15
RE: AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH - 6/10/2006 5:56:53 AM   
azraelck

Because I just bought a '06 Chevy Cobalt, have a project truck, am teaching myself to program in C++, and teaching myself Scottish Gaelic, in addition to the books I buy, usually around a half dozen on up each pay period. And I can do all that and still keep building up a reserve of money for those slow days, and when I'm invaribly put in the hospital because a drunk decided he didn't like the rear of my truck. It get's real fun soon enough, when I'm balancing the same schedule at work with night classes and homework.

"Wait... Holden was a cat. Suddenly it makes sense."

(in reply to forgorin)
Post #: 16
RE: AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH - 6/10/2006 4:58:30 PM   
forgorin

AHA!

(in reply to azraelck)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> AKA LONG LONG LONG ROAD TO DEATH Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI