Another gem for historical players

PureSim Baseball is the ultimate baseball fan's toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans.

Moderator: puresimmer

puresimmer

Another gem for historical players

Post by puresimmer »

Along with the brand new historically correct closer usage feature I completed a really cool new option for playing with real players. Its called "Player/Team Affinity Mode."

If you choose this option (only avil for historical / real players association) the following will happen:

1. Teams will be highly likely to try and keep their makeup similar to what it was in real life, so if a player's contract is expiring in 1957, but he actually played with that team through 1960 in real life, then there is a high probability the team will offer an extension, and a high probability he will accept.

2. There is a very high probability that teams will sign rookies based on when they appeared on that team in real life. For example I just played an association through the early 80's into the 90's and it was cool to see Griffey Junior show up on the M's and to see all the young talent come streaming into Cleveland as they went through that amazing build...

The net result is if you are looking for career play that retains a lot of flavor from reality even as the career progresses, this is a fun option. Note it is not 100% as there are tons of other issues in the mix with finances, trading etc. Still that actually keeps it fun.

I'll release both the closer usage feature and this one in a beta patch this weekend. I hope you guys will like it.

Developer, PureSim Baseball
redeck

RE: Another gem for historical players

Post by redeck »

sounds great, i dont mind the historical players being drafted by teams they never played for, what i havent liked about my 1900-present asc is that players are constanly jumping AI teams. i can only name a couple players who remained on one AI team, or even played mmore than half their career on one AI team. so the increase in chance that teams will try and resign their players apeals to me.
thanks,
Dave
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

This is sounding better all the time. I had dumped using finances in my historical association, but may reconsider.

All of us should give Shaun an extra round of applause for taking the time during a holiday weekend to work on the game.

Big Dummie

Post by Big Dummie »

Shaun, that would be just what the doctor ordered. Thanks for all of your efforts[:)]
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Shaun

Is this what you mean, KG?
Alba gu' brath
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Shaun

Is this what you mean, KG?

Yeah, that works, but I think Shaun might prefer this:
Fouts

Post by Fouts »

Very nice. I think I'll wait until this patch to start a new historical league.
Amaroq

Post by Amaroq »

Am I dreaming?

I mean, I know Shaun kicks @$$ ... but but but I didn't even have a hint he was working on these, and they sound like two dream features!

I'm going to have to kick off a 1901 career all over again!

captskillet

Post by captskillet »

Sounds Great!!!
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

rmayer32

Post by rmayer32 »

Wow.. [&o]

Thanks Shawn for making a great game better by the day!
Rick
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

Along with the brand new historically correct closer usage feature I completed a really cool new option for playing with real players. Its called "Player/Team Affinity Mode."

If you choose this option (only avil for historical / real players association) the following will happen:

1. Teams will be highly likely to try and keep their makeup similar to what it was in real life, so if a player's contract is expiring in 1957, but he actually played with that team through 1960 in real life, then there is a high probability the team will offer an extension, and a high probability he will accept.

2. There is a very high probability that teams will sign rookies based on when they appeared on that team in real life. For example I just played an association through the early 80's into the 90's and it was cool to see Griffey Junior show up on the M's and to see all the young talent come streaming into Cleveland as they went through that amazing build...

The net result is if you are looking for career play that retains a lot of flavor from reality even as the career progresses, this is a fun option. Note it is not 100% as there are tons of other issues in the mix with finances, trading etc. Still that actually keeps it fun.

I'll release both the closer usage feature and this one in a beta patch this weekend. I hope you guys will like it.

Very cool! These are just some of the options I was looking for! Thanks Shaun! [:D]

Return to “PureSim Baseball”