From: Hex 82,170
So what are the fixes in this one AB?
The map is not yet "officialy" released because I haven't generated the scenarios yet, but here is the list of changes:
Version 6.0 includes the following changes and additions:
1. Padang, on Sumatra, has been "moved" to a more correct location (hex 18,50).
2. A missing railway on Sumatra, travelling one hex inland from Padang, has been added. This railway was used to transport coal from inland mines. This is a low capacity railway (represented by a road in the map data). The presence of these mines is represented by the addition of a new base, Sawahloento, in hex 19,50.
3. Most of the trail between Padang and Medan, along the West coast of Sumatra, has been removed.
4. Samah (hex 37,41), on the island of Hainan, is not rugged enough to be a mountain hex, so it has been changed to "forest".
5. Takao (hex 47,45), on the island of Formosa, is not rugged enough to be a mountain hex. so it has been changed to cultivated (clear).
6. Parts of Eastern China, between Canton and Shanghai, have been changed to forest terrain to represent the ruggedness of the terrain in this area. Several trails have also been added here.
7. A few more clear hexes in Eastern China have been converted to cultivated hexes.
8. Hex 53,33, in Northeastern China, is now a forest hex.
9. A new Soviet port, Nikolaevsk, has been added in hex 76,26, at the mouth of the Amur river.
10. An "oil pipeline" has been added between Nikolaevsk and Komsomolsk. This pipeline is represented in the map data as a road. Oil from the base of Okha, on Sakhalin Island, will move to the adjacent port of Nikolaevsk, thence along the "pipeline" to Komsomolsk, from which it can be transported to other Soviet bases. This oil will be used by the Soviet bases with HI to generate supply points, although with some losses of oil during the transfer process. This will also prevent oil points from building up endlessly at the Okha base.
11. Two islands have been added in the Pacific, as part of the Cook Islands - Aitutaki (102,126) and Penhryn Island (111,114).
12. The railway between Skagway and Whitehorse has been downgraded to a "low capacity" railway (road).
13. the road inland from Bandjermasin (hex 27,64), on Borneo, has been downgraded from road to trail.
14. Lamon Bay (hex 44,52) is now connected to hex 43,53 by trail.
15. The rivers on the East coast of Sumatra have been aligned more accurately.
I am now kicking myself because I forgot to add some revisions to Burma (in the Akyab area) that I intended to do. Oh well.
I should have the scenario conversions done in the next few days, along with the alternative maps and the website update.