resurrection mod request

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

majama

resurrection mod request

Post by majama »

I need any mod or patch which can give me back to life my superheroes (he died after engine explosion)
I think in this game is the worst thing is possibility to lost beloved pilots (jocks). My proposition is: let they afer dead lost some experience and maybe rank, but not be elimated once for ever.
Let will be possibility of cloning or reanimation or something else.

Is any body ready to send me any mod like this ?
Maybe any save editor or game hack can do it?

Please help
majama

RE: resurrection mod request

Post by majama »

i'm very happy [:D]
after 24hours thinking and trying i have succes in restoration to life my dead jock
i created new team, specially dead in battle and compare files squadB.dat (before and after death)
i found many changes in files, i saw bytes changed to zero after dead jock, after change values this bytes back to numbers as in older file (i dont know what mean this numbers, but values is usually 6C or 75 in hexadecimal) my jocks is no more dead :) all statistic is like before battle, no new experience this byte is in position 92bytes from beginning name of jock

Let somebody try if it works and write here
Rainbow7

Post by Rainbow7 »

The game's creator, LarkinVB, if I remember correctly, resuscitated jocks for players a few times. You might try and PM him. In the future, just backup those squad files.
Troubles overcome are good to tell. -Yiddish saying
majama

Post by majama »

backup hold only old datas, but no new experience for members which come back from battle, my method is better, because only dead people have no new experience (in addition unfortunately lost theirs titans) I must check if in statistic dead jocks has more battles or no changes when he is dead.
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

Basically, you're cheating. If that's the way you usually play, good for you. But dead jocks are dead, period.
Cloning is basically what you do if you hire a new jock (after ditching the dead one) with the same name and callsign, he'll have the same initial stats, but loses all XP.
Like Rainbow said, backing up the squad file (even though it's still some form of cheating) is the most correct way (if there's such a thing) of doing it. Back the file up *right before* the battle, and you won't lose XP.
Iceman
majama

Post by majama »

I understand, but i think should be in game option like my requested.
Burzmali

Post by Burzmali »

Well you won't find too many here that support save scumming...
majama

Post by majama »

Its not scam, its more like patch (bug correction)
In real every pilot should be possible updating hes genetic material in cloning center and always should be possible recovering jocks with pre-battle skills
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

Hmm, maybe you didn´t read close enough. There can be no bug correction if there isn´t a bug. It´s not a bug, it´s intended to be that way.
I think you´re watching the wrong movies. Genetic material doesn´t contain experience, it may contain propension for certain skills, but without training it´ll be close to worthless. Updating genetic material and restoring pre-battle skills, well, how DO you "update" genetic material (knowing what genetic material is)?
Iceman
Aensland

Post by Aensland »

Agreed. It's unrealistic. After all, from the help:
"There is a small chance that a Jock may survive the explosion of his Titan's Engine. It depends on his Survival skill, Life Support and luck."

See? Just increase their survival skills and outfit their Titans with better Life Support systems. And if the situation gets dangerous, don't be a hero.. bail out. Only Jocks in Recon and maybe Light Recons may not get enough warning (i.e. one-hit-kill explosions). A squad with any amount of experience will most likely be piloting larger Titans, and you should be able to judge if you need to eject or not.
Ab Clades, Malevolentia; Ab Victoria, Ultio
( " In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! " )

Return to “Tech Support”