PC version?

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
wodin

PC version?

Post by wodin »

Mark,

What stage is the PC version at?

Still on the drawing board or has programming got underway?
markhwalker

RE: PC version?

Post by markhwalker »

Yep, we have a team in place and programming is well underway. I have a version I'm testing on my computer. We aren't at beta, yet. When we reach that point I'll open it up for beta testers.

With luck it'll be out this year, but I'm not promising a release date.

We are considering offering folks who have bought the boardgame or any expansions/modules released before the computer game's release, a discount on the computer game, but that IS NOT official. There are several problems with that concept including how would we ascertain who has bought the boardgame?

Best,

Mark
World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?
wodin

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: markhwalker

Yep, we have a team in place and programming is well underway. I have a version I'm testing on my computer. We aren't at beta, yet. When we reach that point I'll open it up for beta testers.

With luck it'll be out this year, but I'm not promising a release date.

We are considering offering folks who have bought the boardgame or any expansions/modules released before the computer game's release, a discount on the computer game, but that IS NOT official. There are several problems with that concept including how would we ascertain who has bought the boardgame?

Best,

Mark

WOW thats great news!

At last another game I can look forward to.

LnL PC version, Armed Assault and CotA!
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Lol I bet there will be a FLOOD of people wanting to beta test for you. I know I'm 10 of them. lol Sorry, didn't get your boardgame, but, I will get your computer version. ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

JimMerson

Post by JimMerson »

This is a surprise and good news. With Matrix running the show on sales of L'n'L now I should have expected there to be a computer version but this is good news.

I am glad to hear it.

Jim Merson
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

Ravinhood,

If your avatar is your picture, you're hired. Otherwise, you'll need to take a place in line.[;)]

Best,

Mark
World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

Wodin,

What are Armed Assault and CotA?
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

Wodin,

What are Armed Assault and CotA?

Armed Assault is by Bohemia, the guys that created Operation Flashpoint: http://www.armedassault.com/

COTA, Conquest of the Aegean, is the upcoming Panther Games release, you will find it here [;)].
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

Conquest of the Aegean

Are we talking about when the ancient Greeks did it, or the not so ancient German attempt? :-)
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

Conquest of the Aegean

Are we talking about when the ancient Greeks did it, or the not so ancient German attempt? :-)

Now there's an idea for a mod ... :)

It's the might of the German Wehrmacht & Luftwaffe fallschirmjaeger versus some tough Aussies and Kiwis lost in transit. With some Italians and Greeks to make up the numbers. Short : WWII operational warfare at it's best.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Ravinhood,

If your avatar is your picture, you're hired. Otherwise, you'll need to take a place in line.[;)]

Best,

Mark

Ummm would you believe she's my sister? Does that count? haha ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

Well, to be honest, I DON'T believe it's your sister. [;)]
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

Would you believe my grandmother??? ;) At any rate you'll want me in your beta. Cause you should know by now I will eat up your AI if it isn't spick n span. ;)

JimMerson

Post by JimMerson »

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Would you believe my grandmother??? ;)

Somehow it is just wrong to think of her as your grandmother...

Just my thought.

Jim
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

wrong to think of her as your grandmother...

On many levels...
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Hello Mark,

I was just wondering how your programming and testing are going on the PC version of Lock & Load Band Of Heroes.

Really looking forward to this title on PC! I can tell by the number of hits to this post that many are anxious for this conversion to PC!

Thanks!
wodin

Post by wodin »

I'm looking forward to this more than any other game due out. Infact more than any game since CC2!
aysi

Post by aysi »

You guys know you can play this on the net via VASSAL,I play with skype and it is great closest you will come to FTF.

getting more people playing all the time,for me far better than playing the machine

would like a few more modules before a PC game is looked at
wodin

Post by wodin »

The PC game is being done at the moment.

Ive no interest in VASSEL. I havent the time to learn rules etc etc. I want to be able to play PBEM and against the AI. Also the PC version is apparaently having a campaign system built in. Its staying exactly the same except there will be sound effects and tracers.

So waiting in anticipation.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I agree with Wodin. I'm only interested in the PC version. I don't have time to play against anyone. If I get a few minutes to play a game its usaully to play a few turns against a AI a then back to work or my family. This is one of the reasons I love to play the HPS Squad Battles games but this game ported to the PC with a AI could be the game of the year! I have been waiting for a Squad Leader type game with really awesome counters/graphics for along time. This could be it!

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”