Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support >> Question? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question? - 12/4/2005 1:30:52 PM   
thegent

playing as the germans, why cant i build any military units in captured territorys like vichy france and romania (spelling error in game btw)?
it seems like territory expands while production capacity remains the same despite there being all the resources, production points etc right there in these territories.
Post #: 1
RE: Question? - 12/4/2005 1:41:36 PM   
JanSorensen

The short answer is that its a design decision.

The decision was made to only allow the building of MIL units in Romania (or Rumania as its spelled in some languages including I believe Romanian) and not to allow the building of military formations in conquered factories. That does not mean that your production capacity does not expand; far from it. You can always use the captured factories to produce supply or research points and in most cases you can definitely use the extra resources to fuel your existing factories once they gear up. You will still be limited by your home nation population though but thats quite the intention to my knowledge. This may not be 100% historically correct but its a decent enough approximation given the scale of the game.

(in reply to thegent)
Post #: 2
RE: Question? - 12/6/2005 12:59:14 PM   
Drax Kramer

quote:

ORIGINAL: JanSorensen

The decision was made to only allow the building of MIL units in Romania (or Rumania as its spelled in some languages including I believe Romanian)

Rumanians spell the name of their country Romania, but the English dictionary I have uses Rumania as English spelling.

Drax

(in reply to JanSorensen)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support >> Question? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI