Aircraft ASW (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

thinz2 -> Aircraft ASW (11/22/2005 12:22:50 AM)

Having played two turns (June 42, scenario 15), I've observed probably a couple dozen spottings by aircraft of periscopes, shadows etc. but not a single attack by a plane on a sub.

Is this ratio of attacks to sightings what was intended. If so, does the community think it is an accurate representation of the (in)effectiveness of aircraft ASW?

THinz2

Bradley7735 -> RE: Aircraft ASW (11/22/2005 12:53:05 AM)

Historically, you should see somewhere around 100 sightings with maybe 15 of them resulting in an attack and maybe 1-2 of those resulting in damage/sunk sub.

that's the ratio I think is ok. getting 100 sightings depends greatly on the number of subs, distance to the airbase and the number of aircraft on patrol.

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Aircraft ASW (11/22/2005 1:05:46 AM)

Perhaps they should just use one sub when testing the effectiveness of the air ASW search model?

Rainer -> RE: Aircraft ASW (11/22/2005 2:04:31 AM)

Ron, I believe you made it sufficiently known to everybody that you neither like the game nor the developers team.
I also believe nobody cares about your remarks anymore, let alone anybody finds them useful for any conveivable purpose.
Lastly I strongly believe 3by2 and Maxis brought a game with great potential to us, and the ongoing patches clearly demonstrate how they care. And a small team it is, presumably.
Please don't take it too personally, but I think we all would be better of without your remarks.
You sure know that constructive critique is more than welcome, in fact most needed.
Best wishes
Rainer

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Aircraft ASW (11/22/2005 3:58:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainer

Ron, I believe you made it sufficiently known to everybody that you neither like the game nor the developers team.
I also believe nobody cares about your remarks anymore, let alone anybody finds them useful for any conveivable purpose.
Lastly I strongly believe 3by2 and Maxis brought a game with great potential to us, and the ongoing patches clearly demonstrate how they care. And a small team it is, presumably.
Please don't take it too personally, but I think we all would be better of without your remarks.
You sure know that constructive critique is more than welcome, in fact most needed.
Best wishes
Rainer

Thanks for your comments. I was pointing out that if one sub was the only target, if it was spotted by more than on aircrasft on a given turn the chance of spotting a sub may be too high.

And yes, although the game has potential, well, you know.[8D]

Rainer -> RE: Aircraft ASW (11/23/2005 7:45:53 PM)

quote:

And yes, although the game has potential, well, you know.

Yes, I know.
Thanks for your moderate reply [;)]

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Aircraft ASW (11/23/2005 8:24:12 PM)

quote:

quote:

And yes, although the game has potential, well, you know.

Yes, I know.
Thanks for your moderate reply [;)]

Very rare, eh?[:D] How's Bavaria these days? My pop's from Wurzburg, Heidingsfeld (spelling?) actually. I loved it over there when I visited.

Rainer -> RE: Aircraft ASW (11/23/2005 11:14:15 PM)

Hi Ron, Heidingsfeld is well known to me as an Autobahn Exit. Unfortunately, many people know this from the radio traffic news ("Traffic jam between Würzburg Randersacker and Heidingsfeld, appr. 5 km"). Isn't it strange people know places from the traffic news?

Bavaria is a nice place to live, especially these days when first snow produced a beautiful "Winter Wonderland".
Best wishes
Rainer

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Aircraft ASW (11/24/2005 2:27:50 AM)

quote:

Hi Ron, Heidingsfeld is well known to me as an Autobahn Exit. Unfortunately, many people know this from the radio traffic news ("Traffic jam between Würzburg Randersacker and Heidingsfeld, appr. 5 km"). Isn't it strange people know places from the traffic news?

Bavaria is a nice place to live, especially these days when first snow produced a beautiful "Winter Wonderland".
Best wishes
Rainer

Small world sometimes. Take care and watch out for those Turks.[8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI