Maximum Attacker's strength (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy

Charly G -> Maximum Attacker's strength (10/31/2004 6:02:02 PM)

After some combats with many units, I've noted there is a maximum Attacker' strength, it's 255. I know it was similar in KP, but I don't remember why this rule applies and I don't find the information in the User Manual.
Please can someone help me.

Thank you

Charly G

Gregor_SSG -> RE: Maximum Attacker's strength (11/1/2004 1:39:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charly G

After some combats with many units, I've noted there is a maximum Attacker' strength, it's 255. I know it was similar in KP, but I don't remember why this rule applies and I don't find the information in the User Manual.
Please can someone help me.

Thank you

Charly G

Charly,

Programmers don't count like normal people, because they're really working with with binary numbers. There's a heap of things in the BIN system limited to 255, most of which you won't run into. The number 255 is programmer speak for 256, because all programmers count from 0.

People have tried to make programmers count from 1, like the rest of us, but they got migraines and wouldn't leave their room until they were allowed to resume their old ways.

Gregor

Charly G -> RE: Maximum Attacker's strength (11/1/2004 8:27:06 AM)

Thank you for your answer.
Because programmers, it's important to know the Maximum Attacker's strength is 255 when selecting units for a battle. It's a big advantage for the defender in some very important position to hold.
Poor Monty, he doesn't need programmers help the German in the defense of Caen [:D]

Charly G

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.269531E-02