any canadian gamer --a question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

bostonrpgmania -> any canadian gamer --a question (9/21/2004 9:30:31 AM)

If I order at Matrix for game cd and a box (not download) which will be mailed to me, Do I have to pay some tarrif on top of the cost which I pay to matrix games?
Once I ordered something and I remember I paid additional tax when I pick the parcel up from the post office.
If so how much tarrif do I have to pay? Thank you

Major Destruction -> RE: any canadian gamer --a question (9/21/2004 4:18:41 PM)

Imported items of a value greater than $20 will attract GST from Canada Customs.
If the parcel arrives via the post, Canada Post charges a brokerage fee of $5.
Games do not attract import duty.

Parcels which arrive via a courier company such as FedEx or UPS are charged a brokerage fee of $35.

Some of Matrix products are available here:
http://www.militaryhobbies.ca/directory.cfm?CategoryID=172

bostonrpgmania -> RE: any canadian gamer --a question (9/21/2004 5:43:27 PM)

Thank you very much

Hexed Gamer -> RE: any canadian gamer --a question (9/21/2004 6:03:20 PM)

And games your US girlfriend (mine lives in Texas) ordered for you, through her, will probably not encounter any manner of cross border activity at all.

But that's just a rumor started by me :).

It's amazing how little trouble there is, in getting private mail sent from the US to Canada.
Not to mention how little trouble there is, in getting games made in the US, sent to a person actually in the US.

Not to mention, the cost for a private citizen to mail something as small as a game, is remarkably cheap.

dday -> RE: any canadian gamer --a question (9/21/2004 6:46:37 PM)

My downloaded game cost me NO GST and back-up disk (15$) the same. Gosh, no GST, Whoo-hooo!!!

Riun T -> RE: any canadian gamer --a question (9/21/2004 7:27:35 PM)

Two questions, Dday how long did the download take?,and which site did u get it from?
I live in Saskatoon Sask. and have Shaw internet and the mirror sites for forums alone ran me 45 min just to get here. Also how many canadians are on the Matrix forums, this is probably a moderator or matrix admin. question,so any other canadian readers spout off on this thread. RT

bostonrpgmania -> RE: any canadian gamer --a question (9/21/2004 7:46:09 PM)

quote:

And games your US girlfriend (mine lives in Texas) ordered for you, through her, will probably not encounter any manner of cross border activity at all.

Good strategy[:D]

Hexed Gamer -> RE: any canadian gamer --a question (9/21/2004 8:28:14 PM)

Most of the troubles I see being experienced by guys trying to get games, stem from guys lacking what I would call imagination :)

bostonrpgmania -> RE: any canadian gamer --a question (9/21/2004 8:36:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bostonrpgmania

quote:

Good strategy[:D]

I should add[:D]
only if you are not married [:D]

Hexed Gamer -> RE: any canadian gamer --a question (9/21/2004 10:00:51 PM)

What's being married got to do with it :)

I'm getting wargames from her, not quality time :)

bostonrpgmania -> RE: any canadian gamer --a question (9/21/2004 10:53:05 PM)

Ha Ha you got me

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.660156E-02