Debug? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

Rand6897 -> Debug? (3/3/2019 10:34:51 PM)

Not a computer guy and have what is likely a really stupid question. While in the editor, some event descriptions include "Debug". What does this mean? My guess is that something once was or still is wrong with the event. Appreciate any clarification.

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Debug? (3/3/2019 10:48:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rand6897

Not a computer guy and have what is likely a really stupid question. While in the editor, some event descriptions include "Debug". What does this mean? My guess is that something once was or still is wrong with the event. Appreciate any clarification.

Normaly, Event strings are displayed in-game when the Event is triggered. However, if you prefix the message with "debug", it won't display. So, such messages are only used by the scenario designer to remind him what the event was about - like a comment in computer code.

larryfulkerson -> RE: Debug? (3/5/2019 1:09:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay
quote:

ORIGINAL: Rand6897

Normaly, Event strings are displayed in-game when the Event is triggered. However, if you prefix the message with "debug", it won't display. So, such messages are only used by the scenario designer to remind him what the event was about - like a comment in computer code.

I never knew that. Thanks for the reveal. I'll start using this feature right away. It's a very good thing.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.808594E-02