RE: Wish list (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941

terminator -> RE: Wish list (4/29/2019 12:16:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AngrySwan

Hi Ronald,

There is one more unit that did not exist in 1941 and maybe has low priority for 1.09 - Elite Grenadier.
It represents the Elite grenadier divisions (not Panzergrenadier) in the last year of the war.
Icon: the existing Regular 43
Colors: the existing Elite colors (I am not sure how much work it is to repaint the figure with the Panzerfaust)
Stats: I have them in my notes.

If you did not have this unit in your plans it can wait - we do not have a ''Defending the Fatherland'' campaign and there are not so many post 1943 scenarios.

Hi AngrySawn,

So what are your Stats for the new unit "Elite Infantry'43" ?

AngrySwan -> RE: Wish list (4/29/2019 2:58:06 PM)

Hi terminator,

These stats were made comparing Regular39 and 43 infantry and then making the same changes to Elite infantry.

Range:1
Ammo:6
Maximum Entrenchment: 4
Action Points:2
Move on Foot: 6
Spotting: 2
Fuel: 0

(this is the easy part, these stats are the same for Army units of 1939 and 1943 so I guess they will not change for Elite either)

Attack/defense:
Infantry - 13/12
(Elite 39 already have 13 so I left it as 13 for Elite 43 as well because attack value of 14 is what Army panzergrenadiers have)
Tanks - 9/6 (same changes as for Army infantry)
Artillery - 16/7 (like Army)
Planes - 2/8 (like Army)
Ships - 2/10 (like Army)

The price of an Elite 1939 division is 50% higher than Regular 1939, so, if the same applies in 1943, then the costs of Elite units will be
Battalion - 107
Regiment - 152
Brigade - 225
Division - 337

This is a simple method just comparing the new unit to old ones that already exist.

Ronald Wendt -> RE: Wish list (5/24/2019 2:05:59 PM)

Hi folks,

as more nations join the war and more equipment floods the battlefield, overview becomes more important during editing maps.

So in 1.09 the unit list of the editor will have nation flags in front of the designation.

This way you can identify faster the units you seek:

[image]local://upfiles/32021/0CA31B48A88A40D38A206E7C942F2A31.jpg[/image]

terminator -> RE: Wish list (5/24/2019 6:07:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ronald Wendt

Hi folks,

as more nations join the war and more equipment floods the battlefield, overview becomes more important during editing maps.

So in 1.09 the unit list of the editor will have nation flags in front of the designation.

This way you can identify faster the units you seek:

British QF 75mm Mk.I ?

Ronald Wendt -> RE: Wish list (5/25/2019 3:31:59 AM)

Hi terminator,

quote:

ORIGINAL: terminator

British QF 75mm Mk.I ?

if you ask which gun that is, its the American version of the Schneider 1897. It was given to the UK during a shortage of guns and they named it QF 75mm Mk.I.

Regards,

Ronald Wendt -> RE: Wish list (6/2/2019 5:18:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AngrySwan

Depending on how much work it takes, could Pz IVH have the same icon as Pz IVJ? I believe they already had extra armor around the turret in 1943. The Pz IV with the long gun but no extra armor would then remain for Pz IVF2 and Pz IVG in 1942 and maybe some of those are still around in 1943. In Panzer General II it would be assigning another icon (which already exists) from the data base to an existing unit. I do not know how much work editing a unit takes in this game.

In v1.09 the Panzer IV Ausf. H has the Schürzen (additional armor plates) in the model.

Ronald Wendt -> RE: Wish list (6/19/2019 5:00:15 AM)

Now there are two new nations in the game, namely Norway and Spain. Also every nation in the game now has a flag (several had none because they were not used like Australia or the US) as well as at least one infantry unit and the needed transports.

With this you can in now create any battle in Europe or North Africa. Of course to depict all of them correctly, a lot of stuff is still missing. But there it is anyway.

[image]local://upfiles/32021/5A8B86B2203846B88639E0C89159BD1F.jpg[/image]

zakblood -> RE: Wish list (6/19/2019 7:39:02 AM)

gets them mods coming lads, someone needs a gaming fix[;)]

terminator -> RE: Wish list (6/19/2019 2:08:24 PM)

quote:

Now there are two new nations in the game, namely Norway and Spain. Also every nation in the game now has a flag (several had none because they were not used like Australia or the US) as well as at least one infantry unit and the needed transports.

With this you can in now create any battle in Europe or North Africa. Of course to depict all of them correctly, a lot of stuff is still missing. But there it is anyway.

France is also a "new nation" somehow. With 1.08, we had only Free France.

Do these infantry units for these new nations have new 3D models ?

Ronald Wendt -> RE: Wish list (6/20/2019 7:30:13 PM)

Hi terminator,

yes France is new, too but i mentioned that somewhere before so i left it out in these news.

These nations all have placeholders, meaning existing models e.g. Spain got the German 39, the rest the British 39 regulars for 1.09. If that changes in the future i cannot promise at the moment.

AngrySwan -> RE: Wish list (6/27/2019 11:57:54 AM)

Hi Ronald,

If there was a unit editor (I do not know how you code the unit stats, if it is a simple tool or a program that needs a professional) there could be a chance.
- take the units as they are
- take a Panzer General II equipment file (from the latest ones) and recalculate the stats for this game
- enter the new stats

Panzer General II is mostly ''equipment'' file - that is, if you see a Panther on the screen it just means a large group of Panthers - but there are a couple of ''organization'' files that show regiments and battalions.

So, the question is, can this be done and what way?

I do not have a tool for entering the data into the exe file but I can make a calculation of stats and send it to you - if there is someone to enter them.

Real life currently is like Moscow for Soviets but when the tide turns - and it will - I could find a few hours every week for stats calculation.

Ronald Wendt -> RE: Wish list (6/27/2019 3:59:01 PM)

Hi AngrySwan,

actually i am not sure if i understand what you suggest - you want to do the unit values for new units ?

But thats not a very time consuming part. Its more work to model and texture the units. Usually i wait till i have enough new equipment, that is worth starting my research, because getting all the sources is the most time consuming. Then getting the relevant data sorted out. For all this its best to do as many units at one time as possible for efficiencies sake.

Or are there any values you are not satisfied with ? That would be a different story.

AngrySwan -> RE: Wish list (6/27/2019 5:38:17 PM)

Hi Ronald,

If you plan to do the unit values then I do not need to worry. Just curious about what editor you use.

From these units I only need the Spanish legion for 1941 so it can also be ''close to a German division''.

Ronald Wendt -> RE: Wish list (6/28/2019 8:26:26 AM)

Hi AngrySwan,

wasn't the Spanish Legion the unit after the Divison Blue with only the hard core left after Spain was forced to neutrality by the Allies ? Could remember this wrong though.

Anyway i use a text editor named Notepad ++ for most of the stuff i do. Here is what a typical unit looks like in text (commands may vary in others):

[image]local://upfiles/32021/97D296D0AE8748029E145992CD8040E2.jpg[/image]

AngrySwan -> RE: Wish list (6/28/2019 1:57:04 PM)

Hi Ronald,

It is the same unit. Withdrawal from the Eastern Front took place in 1943.

Wiki also gives OOB of the Blue Division as of August 1941. It looks similar to a German infantry division.

terminator -> RE: Wish list (6/29/2019 5:23:08 AM)

quote:

Anyway i use a text editor named Notepad ++ for most of the stuff i do. Here is what a typical unit looks like in text (commands may vary in others):

This file seems to be hidden somewhere ?

Ronald Wendt -> RE: Wish list (7/1/2019 5:28:27 AM)

Hi folks,

@terminator: Yes it is hidden with several hundred other files in the .dat

@AngrySwan: So you made me curious and the Spanish Legion is not the same as the Division Blue. And after the Division Blue was withdrawn, there was a unit called Blue Legion (Legión Azul) which was about regiment size formed of the hardcore falangists who refused to quit.(I am so smart thanks to Wikipedia [:D] )

AngrySwan -> RE: Wish list (7/2/2019 9:32:15 AM)

Hi Ronald,

So what should it be? Blue Division/Blaue Division?
Germans also used the name 250. Infantry Division for it.

Ronald Wendt -> RE: Wish list (7/3/2019 6:31:03 AM)

Hi AngrySwan,

Blue Division is fine i think. Its a known designation. If the unit only occurs as an auxiliary then i would differ size and name on on the date of the mission.

The division was structurally a German one after it was reorganized and manned by Spanish soldiers, so kind of a hybrid. 250."Blue" Division would have all in it at once btw. its like 7. "Ghost" Division for Rommels unit in France where you include the Wehrmacht & common name into one expression.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI