Bomber aircraft not shown in battle report (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support

EwaldvonKleist -> Bomber aircraft not shown in battle report (5/22/2018 5:48:38 PM)

The battle you see here has been supported by fighters and bombers, but the bombers are not displayed and the arrow to scroll down the "commited units list" is not shown. Sometimes it is there, sometimes not.

[image]local://upfiles/54093/036CC9A4784A422698A706D77D4D64BE.jpg[/image]

Telemecus -> RE: Bomber aircraft not shown in battle report (5/22/2018 5:57:39 PM)

+1

This very frequent. Indeed sometimes I get an air command but no aircraft - even though the battle report says there were some. Or bombers and no fighters Or a scroll that leaves out some etc. Basically I only really trust the central panel. Any info to understand this at least so we know how to adapt would be great.

Aufklaerungs -> RE: Bomber aircraft not shown in battle report (5/23/2018 10:38:19 PM)

Don't the "." and "," keys allow you to scroll up and down? Looks like there may be 8 more combat result windows. May be different on a German keyboard?

morvael -> RE: Bomber aircraft not shown in battle report (5/30/2018 10:55:09 AM)

This one is very hard to replicate and thus fix. It may have something to do with different air HQs involved.

Telemecus -> RE: Bomber aircraft not shown in battle report (5/30/2018 11:01:33 AM)

We have numerous examples in the 8MP team game. And all the saves at the beginning and end of each turn have been kept. I am not sure if repeating the same mission would repeat the same bug though?

EwaldvonKleist -> RE: Bomber aircraft not shown in battle report (6/1/2018 11:02:33 AM)

Maybe it is a bug that only shows up when there are very many battles, but not so many that you hit the 999 battle reports bug?
I have no save ready where this bug can be seen (it was in a server game), do you have one you can forward to morvael Telemecus?

How can I distribute the iron crosses if I do not no who has participated in a mission?

Telemecus -> RE: Bomber aircraft not shown in battle report (6/1/2018 12:48:17 PM)

I have lots - and am happy to send to Morvael. This is very very common and happens all the time - even when there are very few battles. Remember that side of the battle report when it does shows bombers or fighters correctly also says the Finnish air force is led by the Rumanians and so on. So far I believe it is only a presentational error - but it seems to be the whole display of combat aircraft in each battle has many problems with it.

EwaldvonKleist -> RE: Bomber aircraft not shown in battle report (6/1/2018 1:10:12 PM)

Thank you!

morvael -> RE: Bomber aircraft not shown in battle report (6/5/2018 10:49:46 AM)

The problem is there is limited number of entries that can be put on any list, since all lists have fixed size (as do all structures in the game). So sometimes you will reach a hard limit and there will be no good solution.

EwaldvonKleist -> RE: Bomber aircraft not shown in battle report (8/30/2018 11:13:43 AM)

@morvael: Server game, first battle on the hex, overall battle count way below 999. Still you can't scroll down the aircraft list and the numbers don't match.

[image]local://upfiles/54093/170018772F9D418A9DB0847F371D8BF3.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.710938E-02