Campaign for North Africa 1940-1943 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios

Curtis Lemay -> Campaign for North Africa 1940-1943 (3/1/2018 4:26:54 PM)

I'm posting this update to CFNA because I've discovered that there is a bit of a bug in the one that launched with the game.

RFalvo69 -> RE: Campaign for North Africa 1940-1943 (3/23/2018 12:53:14 AM)

ORIGINAL: RFalvo69

Sorry Bob if I bother you, but I meet a SNAFU, here - and I fear that it is because I'm a bit thick.

[I do have TOAW IV installed under d:\The Operational Art of War IV, and the c:\users\... directory properly created.]

I Initially I worked on the "Users" folders on C:\ I placed the files under the "Users" folder in your zip (and, yes, I have noticed that your name, after "Users" is Robert while mine is "Romano", so I do not make this mistake. [:)] ) This ends up with placing the "TOAW IV Scenarios" and the "WW II - Mediterranean" folders in the "Scenarios" folder. When I do this, my PC asks me if I want to override the old files and I said "yes" - so I must be doing something right.

I then have to place the other files in the second directory found in the .zip ("Program Files (x86)\...\Campaign For North Africa 40-43 v.11.0"). I tried to place them both on the C:\users\... and on my D:\ main installation - (never at the same time: either all on C:\ or all on D:\ ). Of course in both attempts I extract the "Campaign For North Africa 40-43 v.11.0" and override the directory with the same name)

And here come the SNAFU: no matter what I do, when I relaunch the game, in both cases I end up with the possibility to play either via PBEM or face to face - nothing else. Basically, the opportunity to choose play vs. the AI disappears.

The game is a clean install, upgraded to .23, with no mods or other extraneous elements.

Can you take my hand help me with a more step-by-step approach? I scourged this sub-forum (including the pinned posts) and fumbled around the program for the best part of last evening like if I was playing sudoku - or with a Rubic's Cube but to no avail. [:(] I really don't know what I'm doing wrong (it is funny to think that I can play TOAW IV but then I'm stuck when I want to upgrade a scenario...) However, this is also the first time that I to try to install/upgrade a scenario, so maybe there is something basic I'm missing.

Thanks in advance for your help! [:)]

Romano

Edited for clarity.

RFalvo69 -> RE: Campaign for North Africa 1940-1943 (3/23/2018 1:36:45 AM)

Double post.

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Campaign for North Africa 1940-1943 (3/23/2018 2:01:28 AM)

quote:

Sorry Bob if I bother you, but I meet a SNAFU, here - and I fear that it is because I'm a bit thick.

[I do have TOAW IV installed under d:\The Operational Art of War IV, and the c:\users\... directory properly created.]

I Initially I worked on the "Users" folders on C:\ I placed the files under the "Users" folder in your zip (and, yes, I have noticed that your name, after "Users" is Robert while mine is "Romano", so I do not make this mistake. [:)] ) This ends up with placing the "TOAW IV Scenarios" and the "WW II - Mediterranean" folders in the "Scenarios" folder. When I do this, my PC asks me if I want to override the old files and I said "yes" - so I must be doing something right.

I then have to place the other files in the second directory found in the .zip ("Program Files (x86)\...\Campaign For North Africa 40-43 v.11.0"). I tried to place them both on the C:\users\... and on my D:\ main installation - (never at the same time: either all on C:\ or all on D:\ ). Of course in both attempts I extract the "Campaign For North Africa 40-43 v.11.0" and override the directory with the same name)

And here come the SNAFU: no matter what I do, when I relaunch the game, in both cases I end up with the possibility to play either via PBEM or face to face - nothing else. Basically, the opportunity to choose play vs. the AI disappears.

The game is a clean install, upgraded to .23, with no mods or other extraneous elements.

Can you take my hand help me with a more step-by-step approach? I scourged this sub-forum (including the pinned posts) and fumbled around the program for the best part of last evening like if I was playing sudoku - or with a Rubic's Cube but to no avail. [:(] I really don't know what I'm doing wrong (it is funny to think that I can play TOAW IV but then I'm stuck when I want to upgrade a scenario...) However, this is also the first time that I to try to install/upgrade a scenario, so maybe there is something basic I'm missing.

Thanks in advance for your help! [:)]

Romano

Edited for clarity.

If you got the .sce file to the right place (and it sounds like you did) that's all you need. That was the only file actually changed, regardless of my including the entire suite of files. I don't think the installation will affect the ability to choose PO play. If that really is an issue, something else must be going on.

RFalvo69 -> RE: Campaign for North Africa 1940-1943 (3/23/2018 3:40:41 AM)

It worked. Thanks! [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02