Which sound file plays when talking to another Empire? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding

rjord1 -> Which sound file plays when talking to another Empire? (12/12/2017 11:52:07 PM)

I am looking at changing the music which plays when you are talking to another race. Have not been able to find the specific file to change. I have changed the music for the mod but when talking to another race it sounds like a vanilla music file being played.

Instead of music I want another sound to play.

Does anyone know the location of said music?

Thanks

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Which sound file plays when talking to another Empire? (12/13/2017 12:26:53 AM)

Hello Roy;

To do what you stated, there are four distinct files that apply when talking to another race;:
diplomacyMoodAngry, diplomacyMoodHappy, diplomacyMoodMenacing, and diplomacyMoodNeutral.

In the Sounds/Effects directory, you can put a directory for the races you want to have different/non-vanilla
music for during diplomacy with that race. So for example,
Customization/YourMODName/Sounds/Effects/Wookie/diplomacyMoodAngry diplomacyMoodHappy, diplomacyMoodMenacing, and diplomacyMoodNeutral. So for the music you want to play for those four events you just create/provide the
mp3 music file and rename it accordingly. Hope this helps!
[:)]

rjord1 -> RE: Which sound file plays when talking to another Empire? (12/13/2017 5:20:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

Hello Roy;

To do what you stated, there are four distinct files that apply when talking to another race;:
diplomacyMoodAngry, diplomacyMoodHappy, diplomacyMoodMenacing, and diplomacyMoodNeutral.

In the Sounds/Effects directory, you can put a directory for the races you want to have different/non-vanilla
music for during diplomacy with that race. So for example,
Customization/YourMODName/Sounds/Effects/Wookie/diplomacyMoodAngry diplomacyMoodHappy, diplomacyMoodMenacing, and diplomacyMoodNeutral. So for the music you want to play for those four events you just create/provide the
mp3 music file and rename it accordingly. Hope this helps!

Perfect....that solved the problem I was having. Thanks.

ehsumrell1 -> RE: Which sound file plays when talking to another Empire? (12/14/2017 1:55:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rjord1

Perfect....that solved the problem I was having. Thanks.

No problem, glad to assist a fellow modder. You're welcome!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02