Steel Panthers World At War: Mech.EXE Crashing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Horse40 -> Steel Panthers World At War: Mech.EXE Crashing (1/8/2017 4:30:59 PM)

I have diagnosed some problems why MECH.EXE is crashing on windows 7. Here is my findings: When there is many tanks on map it usually crashes middle of battle. I think all those flaming hulks crashes the .exe.

When it crashes to desktop my event viewer log says: Application Error code 1000.

Riitaoja2 -> RE: Steel Panthers World At War: Mech.EXE Crashing (1/9/2017 8:33:15 AM)

Have you tried running the game through Dxwnd? It fixed the random crashes I was having on my Win7 system.

Horse40 -> RE: Steel Panthers World At War: Mech.EXE Crashing (1/15/2017 9:55:42 PM)

I tried but it crashes all the time. What I can do? I tried to kill all procesesses but it still crashes. Dang.

Major Mess -> RE: Steel Panthers World At War: Mech.EXE Crashing (1/16/2017 4:59:16 PM)

Update your OS to Win 10

MM

Riitaoja2 -> RE: Steel Panthers World At War: Mech.EXE Crashing (1/17/2017 12:37:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Horse40

I tried but it crashes all the time. What I can do? I tried to kill all procesesses but it still crashes. Dang.

With Dxwnd the game should no longer crash. Did you use the pre configured dxwnd all in one fix that I posted here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4060116&mpage=1&key=�
After extracting the fix to the game folder the game should start from "_Start_SPWAW_Dxwnd+ArtyFix.cmd". It is also importat to make sure no compatibility modes are set for mech.exe.

It is also possible that the crashes you are experiencing are caused by a broken Windows7 installation or a hardware fault.

Horse40 -> RE: Steel Panthers World At War: Mech.EXE Crashing (1/21/2017 8:14:01 PM)

Win ten. blahh. I don't upgrade to that mess. I try to play with DXwnd and see what happens.

Horse40 -> RE: Steel Panthers World At War: Mech.EXE Crashing (1/21/2017 8:21:25 PM)

I post back when I find some good DXwnd settings.

Major Mess -> RE: Steel Panthers World At War: Mech.EXE Crashing (1/22/2017 12:35:09 AM)

Horse40

Give this thread a read, take a look Here

HTH

MM

Speedy -> RE: Steel Panthers World At War: Mech.EXE Crashing (1/22/2017 5:39:00 PM)

Hi Guys,

I recently got a new Desktop with Windows 10 and have just installed SPWAWGE. Upon trying to start the game it comes up with an error screen saying mech.exe has stopped working. Any ideas?

Thanks

Major Mess -> RE: Steel Panthers World At War: Mech.EXE Crashing (1/22/2017 6:19:36 PM)

I don't know about the Generals Edition ............... it should work. AFAIK it's the same mech.exe.
SPWaW was made for a single processor machine, you got a new Win10 box, I betcha it's a multi-core.
Take a look at two posts above, try DxWnd before you start ranting at Mr McNeil.

cheers

MM

Speedy -> RE: Steel Panthers World At War: Mech.EXE Crashing (2/8/2017 6:03:46 PM)

Thanks.I clicked on the above and tried registering for the forum but it would not get me past the registration screen. It kept saying I hadn't entered the confirmation code correctly which was blatantly not true. I tried 15 times but it would not let me register. Ah well. Guess SPWAWGE goes back on the shelf[:(]

Speedy -> RE: Steel Panthers World At War: Mech.EXE Crashing (2/8/2017 6:15:54 PM)

Holy shoot. I figured I'd try a few last things and voila by renaming the SND folder to 'SND-off' it loaded fine!

It's much better playing with sound mind you. Any ideas what I could do to try and fix this so I can play with sound?

Randall -> RE: Steel Panthers World At War: Mech.EXE Crashing (7/15/2017 4:59:09 AM)

Large battles have always crashed, especially with large custom maps, even in the SSI days. I just save often and keep fighting.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI