Historicon Interviews (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

JeanAllTrekkie -> Historicon Interviews (7/20/2013 3:59:43 AM)

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up I posted 2 interviews on my Blog:

Shenandoah Studios Market Director Bradley Cummings - Gettysburg The Tide Turns

Matrix Games AGEOD Designer Phillippe Thibaut - Civil War 2

Check em out!

LINK

wodin -> RE: Historicon Interviews (7/20/2013 4:13:54 AM)

I think you are wrong about boardgames going out..infact they are on the rise..both wargames and euro games etc etc. Just check BGG or blogs like The Big Board or webcasts like three moves ahead.

Many people are turning back to boardgames due to the social aspect aswell. Rock paper Shotgun have a regular article on boardgames by a British comedian and writer Rab Florence.

There are lots of boardgames out and due out I'd love to own..infact there are more boardgames I want to own than PC games.

JeanAllTrekkie -> RE: Historicon Interviews (7/20/2013 5:56:24 AM)

Yes Ive been doing some research on the subject. Touching base with co workers, friends, etc. and it seems I may have been wrong on this.

Turns out some of them still play board games. I was surprised cause they never talked about it.

Still doing more research on the subject. Will post a article once Im done :)

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Historicon Interviews (7/20/2013 6:22:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

I think you are wrong about boardgames going out..infact they are on the rise..both wargames and euro games etc etc. Just check BGG or blogs like The Big Board or webcasts like three moves ahead.

Many people are turning back to boardgames due to the social aspect aswell. Rock paper Shotgun have a regular article on boardgames by a British comedian and writer Rab Florence.

There are lots of boardgames out and due out I'd love to own..infact there are more boardgames I want to own than PC games.

Seriously, it's true for some of us. Computer games are good, but nothing beats tactile FTF gaming.

Twotribes -> RE: Historicon Interviews (7/20/2013 6:27:06 AM)

Recently gave away my huge collection of board games, haven't played them in years. Found someone that could get them to people that would play them again.

wodin -> RE: Historicon Interviews (7/20/2013 9:53:20 AM)

Shut up sit down is another great boardgame webcast site..well worth watching

http://www.shutupshow.com/

Jean watch this..

http://vimeo.com/70647384

"sales have been going up for the last ten years"

warspite1 -> RE: Historicon Interviews (7/20/2013 10:12:58 AM)

quote:

warspite1

Well I'd love to FTF wargame again if I had the opportunity.

wodin -> RE: Historicon Interviews (7/20/2013 1:39:17 PM)

Mark Walker mentioned that Historicon seemed quiet with less vendors...shame

sshnuke -> RE: Historicon Interviews (7/20/2013 3:14:12 PM)

Any interviews about Warhammer Armageddon and new 3d Close Combat?

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Historicon Interviews (7/20/2013 4:52:22 PM)

I spend as much if not more time playing historical boardgames.  There is something about them.  Plus they last a life time-in most cases.  Computer games usually are only as good as the machine running it.  Plus some boardgames gain in their worth, while most computer games do not.  The three forums I hang on are-Matrix-Consim-boardgame geek.  I spend alot more on boardgames.  some can be played solo and some can not.  Some are good team games.

Ketza -> RE: Historicon Interviews (7/21/2013 12:22:14 AM)

quote:

I spent around 6 hours there today. I mainly went to meet the Matrix gang. The event seems to be a shadow of its former self. A lot less games being played, fewer vendors, not as organized as before and less people for sure.

I did meet Joel and Gary and some other of the Matrix staff. What a great bunch of folks!

flanyboy -> RE: Historicon Interviews (7/21/2013 3:10:33 AM)

I'm not saying it might not be on the decline but if you were there 6 years ago that's just before the recession. A lot of aspects of the economy really haven't recovered yet and thinks like conventions for more niche products probably are the first thing many people would cut from their budget. As a 25 year old I would have loved to go, also wanted to go to a retro gaming convention in my area (I'm in Wisconsin) but I couldn't justify going after getting back from my honeymoon just a few days prior.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Ketza

quote:

I spent around 6 hours there today. I mainly went to meet the Matrix gang. The event seems to be a shadow of its former self. A lot less games being played, fewer vendors, not as organized as before and less people for sure.

I did meet Joel and Gary and some other of the Matrix staff. What a great bunch of folks!

rogo727 -> RE: Historicon Interviews (7/21/2013 3:52:03 AM)

I guess for me I'm the total opposite . Frankly who has the time to spend an hour setting up the board? Unless you don't work or retired and not married then yes board games would be great. I can't remember the last time I set up a board game and its Been years since I played panzer grenadier or A&A . In fact I had in my hands a copy of A&A ww1 and was going to spend $60 on it and then thought when in the heck am I'm going to find the time to play this game! Sadly I put it back. With all my panzer grenadier pieces it numbers about 8000 counters. Maybe in 20 years I might bring that game back out.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

I spend as much if not more time playing historical boardgames.  There is something about them.  Plus they last a life time-in most cases.  Computer games usually are only as good as the machine running it.  Plus some boardgames gain in their worth, while most computer games do not.  The three forums I hang on are-Matrix-Consim-boardgame geek.  I spend alot more on boardgames.  some can be played solo and some can not.  Some are good team games.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI