What a hero (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

warspite1 -> What a hero (5/7/2013 7:45:06 PM)

How about this for a story? [8D][:)]

Eric Winkie Brown RN [&o][&o][&o][&o]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2320463/ROBERT-HARDMAN-Hero-Captain-Eric-Winkle-Brown-makes-Biggles-look-like-wimp-tells-story.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Orm -> RE: What a hero (5/7/2013 8:01:00 PM)

Nice find Warpite. Thank you. [:)]

rogo727 -> RE: What a hero (5/7/2013 8:05:39 PM)

Good read thanks!

Josh -> RE: What a hero (5/7/2013 8:13:05 PM)

Good read, thx

"... Little wonder that when he arrived at Buckingham Palace at the grand old age of 28 for the fourth time, to receive the AFC in addition to the DSC, MBE and OBE he had already received, George VI greeted him with the words: ‘Not you again..."

Wow. [X(]

'...Among his many records is one for the most aircraft carrier landings in history: 2,407. A U.S. naval pilot who tried to beat him got as far as 1,600 before suffering a nervous breakdown.

Uhm how many?? 2.500 carrier landings?

warspite1 -> RE: What a hero (5/7/2013 8:28:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

Good read, thx

"... Little wonder that when he arrived at Buckingham Palace at the grand old age of 28 for the fourth time, to receive the AFC in addition to the DSC, MBE and OBE he had already received, George VI greeted him with the words: ‘Not you again..."

Wow. [X(]

'...Among his many records is one for the most aircraft carrier landings in history: 2,407. A U.S. naval pilot who tried to beat him got as far as 1,600 before suffering a nervous breakdown.

Uhm how many?? 2.500 carrier landings?

warspite1

I like his description of learning to survive the Me-163 Komet [X(]

487 different types of aircraft!!!! [X(][X(]

If his story was written as fiction, you would dismiss it as the most unbelievable story since Ralf MaCauley and that POS TFTSNBN

barkorn45 -> RE: What a hero (5/8/2013 2:53:13 AM)

Interestingly according to his book"Wings of the Luftwaffe"he was not allowed to fly the Me-163
in powered flight.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02