OT: Can Canadians do trash talk? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

sillyflower -> OT: Can Canadians do trash talk? (4/25/2013 8:29:38 AM)

My oft-stated theory (most recently in Hitman's AAR) that they cannot because they are too polite has been called harsh: though not by a Canadian.

This thread has been posted to allow Canadians out there to restore their national honour by proving me wrong. Of course, if I'm right Then Canadians will believe their national honour is preserved by admitting it is not a national skill.

To get things going what are the answers to these 2 questions:

1 How do you get a bunch of Canadians out of a swimming pool?

and to show that I'm happy to make fun of my own profession:

2 How do you get the lawyers out of the same pool?

This is an equal opportunities thread so all may respond

Schmart -> RE: OT: Can Canadians do trash talk? (4/25/2013 5:13:21 PM)

I generally find that the need to trash talk is based on an inferiority complex. Since Canadians don't talk much trash, we are therefore naturally superior. Constantly reminding people of our superiority (and thus others' inferiority) wouldn't be very polite, now would it?

As for getting Canadians out of a pool? Just yell: "Everyone out of the pool!"

Pelton -> RE: OT: Can Canadians do trash talk? (4/26/2013 2:51:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schmart

I generally find that the need to trash talk is based on an inferiority complex. Since Canadians don't talk much trash, we are therefore naturally superior. Constantly reminding people of our superiority (and thus others' inferiority) wouldn't be very polite, now would it?

I have to agree, on the Canadian thing.

Now lawyers would never get out of the pool as they would spend all their time debating what the meaning of the word "Everyone means" and drown. As a side note most politicians are lawyers kinda why nothing gets done unless some dies and then its not a for sure thing.

Belphegor -> RE: OT: Can Canadians do trash talk? (4/27/2013 7:15:54 PM)

I was waiting for others to comment. Didn't want to be rude...

carlkay58 -> RE: OT: Can Canadians do trash talk? (4/27/2013 10:57:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Belphegor

And on that note, the defense rests . . .

sillyflower -> RE: OT: Can Canadians do trash talk? (4/28/2013 7:39:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: carlkay58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Belphegor

And on that note, the defense rests . . .

And so does the prosecution

sillyflower -> RE: OT: Can Canadians do trash talk? (4/28/2013 7:40:46 AM)

duplicate

sillyflower -> RE: OT: Can Canadians do trash talk? (4/28/2013 7:48:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schmart

What you describe is probably simple rudeness, rather than having a bit of fun at someone else's expense. That expense should never, in my opinion, lead to anyone thinking less of the trash object otherwise it isn't funny. Calling an idiot an idiot is neither funny nor clever: a bit idiotic perhaps.

Canadians always get the right answer to the swimming pool question - which Belphegor taught me. I aske a Canadian living here the other day. She replied 'I don't know.....(pause) ....blow a whistle?' which is perhaps even better. No non-Canadian has got that answer.

sillyflower -> RE: OT: Can Canadians do trash talk? (4/28/2013 7:51:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelton

Now lawyers would never get out of the pool as they would spend all their time debating what the meaning of the word "Everyone means" and drown. As a side note most politicians are lawyers kinda why nothing gets done unless some dies and then its not a for sure thing.

Not even close Pelton.

Correct answer is to shout 'you're off the clock now'

sillyflower -> RE: OT: Can Canadians do trash talk? (4/28/2013 7:53:04 AM)

duplicate

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02