What happened to non WW2 scenarios ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

altipueri -> What happened to non WW2 scenarios ? (4/18/2013 1:36:25 PM)

The Matrix blurb says: "Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period."

Zaratougha produced a mod that enables Ancients, Napoleonics (and I still use it occasionally - thank you Z) but ATG seems to have just settled on WW2.

I think this is a pity because AT held out the possibility of being almost a universal gaming system, with a great random scenario generator and I would play it more if there was the ability to stop production which I find a bit tedious after a while.

danlongman -> RE: What happened to non WW2 scenarios ? (4/18/2013 5:30:34 PM)

Does that mod by Zaratougha work on the current ATG? I don't recall looking at it.
I Like to play big random games starting with c1900 AD technology.

mgaffn1 -> RE: What happened to non WW2 scenarios ? (4/18/2013 5:55:12 PM)

Anyone out there interested in doing a sci-fi strategy mod?
Or perhaps a Cold War WW3 mod (circa 1975, 1980.. Nato vs. Warsaw Pact)?

Sometime ago there was talk of a "community mod" where a group of enthusiasts would combine their talents and create a comprehensive WAW type of mod. The project never got far beyond initial discussions - too many different ideas pulling in different directions.

What would your first choice be?

ernieschwitz -> RE: What happened to non WW2 scenarios ? (4/18/2013 6:09:47 PM)

I find that the longer range of modern aircraft and the advent of the nuke some problems that need to be solved for something that is post-ww2. I know that it is possible to mod these things.. but i prefer the periode immediately prior to ww2 ...

That being said, i dont see why someone wouldn´t want to make a ww3 mod or something older...

Josh -> RE: What happened to non WW2 scenarios ? (4/18/2013 7:16:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: altipueri

The Matrix blurb says: "Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period."

Zaratougha produced a mod that enables Ancients, Napoleonics (and I still use it occasionally - thank you Z) but ATG seems to have just settled on WW2.

I think this is a pity because AT held out the possibility of being almost a universal gaming system, with a great random scenario generator and I would play it more if there was the ability to stop production which I find a bit tedious after a while.

True, there have been some scenarios that cover different time eras, but the majority is indeed WWII. I'd love to see some more Tolkien/Hobbit or Space Marines or whatever scenarios... maybe even make them random game capable. It does however take a lot of dedicated time to produce such a thing...

Jeffrey H. -> RE: What happened to non WW2 scenarios ? (4/18/2013 7:36:34 PM)

There was a couple of space mods that never made it to ATG, (Lunaticus and Grumpy Mel) there was an ATG Warhammer 40k mod being worked on. There were a few "Elfie Welfies" done in AT, one was playtested in an AAR here. The thing is, I would imagine you could play any of them just by keeping your copy of AT on your HD and running them in that.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI