Lake Ladoga (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

bairdlander -> Lake Ladoga (4/18/2013 3:36:02 AM)

Is it possible to use naval transport to move over the lake?[&:]

loki100 -> RE: Lake Ladoga (4/18/2013 7:58:18 AM)

Yes, for the Soviets at least.

You have enough shipping to move a division in/out of Leningrad in a turn

Von Weber -> RE: Lake Ladoga (4/18/2013 9:42:10 AM)

quote:

Can you tell where is it said in manual? Cause I always thought that only transferring supplies is available and nothing else. Historically it was not possible. Ladoga Flotilla had not enough transport boats for it. Even to transfer fully equipped regiment.

loki100 -> RE: Lake Ladoga (4/18/2013 11:12:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Von Weber

quote:

Can you tell where is it said in manual? Cause I always thought that only transferring supplies is available and nothing else. Historically it was not possible. Ladoga Flotilla had not enough transport boats for it. Even to transfer fully equipped regiment.

not sure its in the manual, I found it out by trial and error when I realised a tank division I had in, cut-off, Leningrad would do me more good defending the ports on the other side. So I used the naval move routine, I then tried to move a rifle division out and had the message about lack of capacity.

I'd agree it overstates the Lagoda capacity, which was essentially fishing boats and some river squadrons.

rrbill -> RE: Lake Ladoga (4/18/2013 3:26:54 PM)

So far I haven't solved the process for doing "sea" movement, or "air" movements. Not a code issue, but my issue. Think there are some game conditions that control these movements that I obviously don't know. Enjoy the game w/o these capabilities, still be nice to get past this.

Any help?

bairdlander -> RE: Lake Ladoga (4/18/2013 11:32:24 PM)

Should have been more specific,I want to move Axis divisions from Osinovets to Sviritsa by water transport to avoid all the SU forces blocking my path and avoid all the swamp battles.Is it possible?[&:]

Seminole -> RE: Lake Ladoga (4/19/2013 3:27:17 AM)

quote:

Should have been more specific,I want to move Axis divisions from Osinovets to Sviritsa by water transport to avoid all the SU forces blocking my path and avoid all the swamp battles.Is it possible?

Hover on a hex in a sea zone and it should display the amount of naval transport (shipping) and amphibious transport (amphib) that can be supported. I would be surprised if the Germans have any available to them in Lake Ladoga.

quote:

So far I haven't solved the process for doing "sea" movement

See above to find out sealift capacity (each sea zone is different - e.g. Black Sea has more capacity than the Sea of Azov)
Bring up the unit detail screen to see their transport cost. This has be less than the sealift capacity for them to move (akin to rail capacity).
There are limits on which areas you can conduct amphib operations against, depending on what ports you have control over.

Someone else will have to chime in on how port damage affects naval movement (not sure if there is one threshold for damage, or if it depends on any other factors).
I don't think you can use naval movement to end up in a hex that has enemy units adjacent, but you can move away (evacuate) with units adjacent.

cpt flam -> RE: Lake Ladoga (4/19/2013 6:52:51 AM)

I think that you can debark only in a port
only russia can make amphibious assault

rrbill -> RE: Lake Ladoga (4/19/2013 12:46:21 PM)

Appreciate help. Aha... trying to move the German regiments from Finn to Talinin, likely not permitted. Get 'em embarked but not landed.

bairdlander -> RE: Lake Ladoga (4/19/2013 1:24:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cpt flam

I think that you can debark only in a port
only russia can make amphibious assault

No Amph assault,I already have taken both ports

Seminole -> RE: Lake Ladoga (4/19/2013 4:40:35 PM)

quote:

No Amph assault,I already have taken both ports

But do you have any sealift capacity on Lake Ladoga as the Germans? I would think not.
Hovering the cursor over a hex on a sea zone will display this capacity.
You may have both ports, but probably no boats.

Von Weber -> RE: Lake Ladoga (4/20/2013 9:34:32 AM)

No German not Finns have no shipping possibility across all the Ladoga.May be only swimming[:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.757813E-02