Manual reinforcements (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series

ru_disa -> Manual reinforcements (4/8/2013 7:59:01 PM)

Hi,
I noticed that it can become complicated to keep tab of which unit has taken losses and where. Is there a way to automate reinforcements? Manually reinforcing all my chits can take a LOT of micromanaging! How do you guys keep track of what's happening in large or multiple fronts?

Twotribes -> RE: Manual reinforcements (4/8/2013 8:59:54 PM)

No such process. I prefer to fight till they are badly chewed up then combine the high experience survivors into single units and build new units with the less experienced.

british exil -> RE: Manual reinforcements (4/8/2013 9:08:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

No such process. I prefer to fight till they are badly chewed up then combine the high experience survivors into single units and build new units with the less experienced.

That is the best way to play, reinforcing units that have a high EP, will lose EP by having new "green" reinforcements.
Best is to fight till you need to join 2 or more units together due to high losses, then using the empty units to be filled with new troops. That way the EP stays more or less the same will drop 1 or 2 points but not really by much.
Of course new units should be built on the frontline as they won't survive long to gain any EP.

It is a game where you need to get the feel when to disband units and when to hang on to them.

MAt

ru_disa -> RE: Manual reinforcements (4/8/2013 9:21:13 PM)

Thanks for the answers!
I noticed something else, though: in the Ardennes scenario my chits only contain very few infantry units (i.e., 2 rifles & 1 SMG) and I can see a lot of them on the field. This looks like a weird design choice to me. Am I supposed to reinforce all units before I commit them into battle? Has any of you tried this scenario and has any recommendations on how to play it?
This would help me understand the whole game better.

Thanks!

british exil -> RE: Manual reinforcements (4/8/2013 10:17:43 PM)

I assume you are playing the Allied forces, the units that were first stationed in the area, were forces that had just been in the Hürtgen Forest. They were battle weary and had lost most of their men in horrific fighting. (Waste of lives, due to no real reason the fight for the forest)

I think you are to hold the line with the few men you have, creating new units to fill the front. Maybe disbanding some units to form stronger units and useinf the old "shell" to create a new fighting force.

Mat

ru_disa -> RE: Manual reinforcements (4/9/2013 4:51:55 AM)

Ok, I see. Thanks for the reply!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI