are you kidding me (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

1275psi -> are you kidding me (3/2/2013 9:26:51 AM)

I really have tried. really have. Tried 5 times now. But...........blizzards, blizzards, blizzards, mud, mud, mud, turn after turn after turn, after turn, late may for heavens sake after the first winter, and still mud.

I will sum this game up................most boring game.....................eva.

Cannonfodder -> RE: are you kidding me (3/2/2013 9:34:03 AM)

Bye bye

warspite1 -> RE: are you kidding me (3/2/2013 9:53:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1275psi

I really have tried. really have. Tried 5 times now. But...........blizzards, blizzards, blizzards, mud, mud, mud, turn after turn after turn, after turn, late may for heavens sake after the first winter, and still mud.

I will sum this game up................most boring game.....................eva.
warspite1

Late May mud? Why was Operation Barbarossa delayed from May to June (regardless of whether the Germans had got embroilled in the Balkans)?

Yep, ground was still too soft from the previous winter thaw....

DivePac88 -> RE: are you kidding me (3/2/2013 8:00:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1275psi

I think the Germans probably felt the same historically, after the first winter. [;)]

Klydon -> RE: are you kidding me (3/2/2013 11:20:32 PM)

Not sure when you made it back, but glad to see you posting Divepac. Had heard you were under the weather pretty badly.

Gefreiter Wardstein -> RE: are you kidding me (3/3/2013 11:58:50 AM)

From the German point of view, after 1942, mud is a wonderful thing. It prevents you being attacked and gives you the chance to strengthen your defences.

rrbill -> RE: are you kidding me (3/3/2013 1:49:38 PM)

And if it still matters to 127psi, set the game to both sides computer driven and let it run through to late Spring...

And Gefreiter Wardstein has it right for all later Springs. The German loves mud, etc.

Agree that 42 Spring is boring, but then, seems historically correct.

Mac Linehan -> RE: are you kidding me (3/3/2013 8:11:32 PM)

Original:

"I really have tried. really have. Tried 5 times now. But...........blizzards, blizzards, blizzards, mud, mud, mud, turn after turn after turn, after turn, late may for heavens sake after the first winter, and still mud."

I respectfully submit that the blizzards and mud described above sounds like a reflection of the reality of that time. This encourages me to take a break from AE and fire up WitE again...

Also -

Hi, DivePac!

I forgive you for leaving the Dark Side for the other side of the AE pond...

Mac

AFV -> RE: are you kidding me (3/4/2013 2:22:33 AM)

I appreciate his comment and have the same general feeling (to a much lesser degree). However, with the new weather model that WITE 2.0 will have, that will give weather a much better feel.

Simbelmude -> RE: are you kidding me (3/4/2013 3:48:28 PM)

quote:

However, with the new weather model that WITE 2.0 will have, that will give weather a much better feel.

What? What, does anyone know anything about the contents of WitE 2.0 ????????

morvael -> RE: are you kidding me (3/4/2013 5:46:24 PM)

http://www.2by3games.com/9922.html

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.513672E-02