changing unit names (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront

Mario_Fr -> changing unit names (2/17/2013 12:03:08 PM)

How can I change unit names? I tried to change the name of FlaK 36 to 8.8cm Flak 36 in the xml-document but then the game crashes every time I open a scenario that contains a FlaK 36.

Mario

Mobius -> RE: changing unit names (2/17/2013 5:59:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mario_Fr

How can I change unit names? I tried to change the name of FlaK 36 to 8.8cm Flak 36 in the xml-document but then the game crashes every time I open a scenario that contains a FlaK 36.

Mario

You will have to edit the scenario to use that unit name too.
The savest way to do that is make a copy of the xml file (Flak 36) in Armoured Units folder. In the new one change type to your name. Then change the scenario to use your newly named unit. This way if you miss a scenario it won't surprise you by crashing.

Mario_Fr -> RE: changing unit names (2/18/2013 1:42:54 PM)

And what about random scenarios? I changed the name of the flak 36 in the xml-document, created a random scenario and again it crashed. Trying to change the random scenario name I can`t find it, maybe it`s in these strange 1360...

Mario

Mobius -> RE: changing unit names (2/18/2013 3:34:40 PM)

I forgot about those. I'm not sure how the Random system is assigning units. But some presets have the unit type name already listed and some don't.

That is where a copy would again be of use.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.220703E-02