Some AI Blivets (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

Symon -> Some AI Blivets (2/15/2013 7:46:46 PM)

Hi Michael. Understand you might not want to touch this one with a 10 foot pole, or even a 12 foot lithuanian. If not, just gimme a shout and tell me to widdle off.

There seems to be some kind of internal code AI 'look ahead', that interferes with dated scripts. Have an AI set with some oddball scripts set to start in 1944 and five active scripts running from Aug 6, 1942 to Aug 30, 1942. When I run the game 'both 'puter' and continuous, I get TFs at Lunga and Tulagi pulling fragments off units that are supposed to be defense units. If I delete these oddball scripts, this doesn't happen. Wierd! Could something like this be happening with AndyMac's whacko results?

Can generate any kind of savegames you want. It's a short time/short map scenario so it shouldn't be hard to see wtf. If ya got a yen to play with this, please pm me with what you want in terms of savegames. I'll post them here, too, so folks don't think we're playing eucre behind their backs.

Ciao, John

PaxMondo -> RE: Some AI Blivets (2/16/2013 2:22:16 AM)

John,

Playing eucre is ok, just no tiddly winks.  [;)]

Don Bowen -> RE: Some AI Blivets (2/16/2013 2:54:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Symon

Hi Michael. Understand you might not want to touch this one with a 10 foot pole, or even a 12 foot lithuanian. If not, just gimme a shout and tell me to widdle off.

There seems to be some kind of internal code AI 'look ahead', that interferes with dated scripts. Have an AI set with some oddball scripts set to start in 1944 and five active scripts running from Aug 6, 1942 to Aug 30, 1942. When I run the game 'both 'puter' and continuous, I get TFs at Lunga and Tulagi pulling fragments off units that are supposed to be defense units. If I delete these oddball scripts, this doesn't happen. Wierd! Could something like this be happening with AndyMac's whacko results?

Can generate any kind of savegames you want. It's a short time/short map scenario so it shouldn't be hard to see wtf. If ya got a yen to play with this, please pm me with what you want in terms of savegames. I'll post them here, too, so folks don't think we're playing eucre behind their backs.

Ciao, John

Just a hint...

Beginning to suspect an issue with scripts that start at the beginning of a scenario but do not have an exact start date specified (i.e. start date is zero). You might try changing any "zeros" to your 420806 date...

Symon -> RE: Some AI Blivets (2/16/2013 8:57:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen
Just a hint...

Beginning to suspect an issue with scripts that start at the beginning of a scenario but do not have an exact start date specified (i.e. start date is zero). You might try changing any "zeros" to your 420806 date...

Yes Sir, noticed that too., but deleted every other script and it still happens; and only to the 1st raiders (well a couple other units in other scripts). I even pulled them out to their own "move 1st raiders' script and am playing with the Adv Base field. It's not a game stopper, but shooot! Am working with Michael, offline, to see where this is coming from. Will copy you in on our sidebars. Ciao, John.

Andy Mac -> RE: Some AI Blivets (2/25/2013 2:57:20 PM)

Interested as well

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI