Who is this author? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

amps63 -> Who is this author? (2/15/2013 5:32:31 PM)

Years ago I read a book by an author who I believe was an Army Captain. The book was about a modern day war between America and Mexico. I believe this author also wrote a series of fiction books about the Civil War. Does anyone have a clue as to who he is? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

sterckxe -> RE: Who is this author? (2/15/2013 6:07:20 PM)

Harry Turtledove wrote about alternate history ACW and a new Mexican war - he wasn't a military guy though

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Southern_land -> RE: Who is this author? (2/15/2013 6:43:38 PM)

Harold Coyle? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Coyle

amps63 -> RE: Who is this author? (2/15/2013 7:03:45 PM)

Bingo! It is Harold Coyle. Thanks!

parusski -> RE: Who is this author? (2/15/2013 9:45:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: amps63

Bingo! It is Harold Coyle. Thanks!

I read his books a long time ago and enjoyed them.

warspite1 -> RE: Who is this author? (2/15/2013 10:59:36 PM)

I was going to guess Ambrose, but......

amps63 -> RE: Who is this author? (2/16/2013 1:34:42 AM)

Ambrose and Turtledove are both good guesses. I appreciate the help!

parusski -> RE: Who is this author? (2/16/2013 2:42:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

[:-][:-][:-][:-][:-][:-]

warspite1 -> RE: Who is this author? (2/16/2013 3:28:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

[:-][:-][:-][:-][:-][:-]
warspite1

Don't get all holier-than-thou parusski, I purposely waited until the poster had a proper response before posting....

Max 86 -> RE: Who is this author? (2/16/2013 5:23:37 PM)

Going with this thread and the thread on women in infantry I remember reading one of Coyle's books and it had a female Lt., believe her name was Nancy Kozak. Anyway, I remember one portion where she was on maneuvers in Texas and started her monthly fun and was not prepared so she had her driver pull the Bradley pull over at a convenience store so she could buy pads. I thought then that women would never be in combat but what do I know, I was much younger then! [:D]

Coyle is always a good read.

parusski -> RE: Who is this author? (2/16/2013 7:04:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Max 86

Going with this thread and the thread on women in infantry I remember reading one of Coyle's books and it had a female Lt., believe her name was Nancy Kozak. Anyway, I remember one portion where she was on maneuvers in Texas and started her monthly fun and was not prepared so she had her driver pull the Bradley pull over at a convenience store so she could buy pads. I thought then that women would never be in combat but what do I know, I was much younger then! [:D]

Coyle is always a good read.

WRONG THREAD. OOOOPPPS.

british exil -> RE: Who is this author? (2/17/2013 11:10:18 AM)

Never read the Harold Coyle Civil war books, are they worth reading as a European? Or do I need a bit of info on who is who?

I did enjoy the story (The Ten Thousand) where the American forces were retreating through Germany to pull out of the country or surrender all weapons to the German government, because the new German Chancellor wanted the country to be free of foreign forces. As I live in Germany I had more of a feeling for the story as they were fighting and moving through the area that I know quite well.

Mat

Southern_land -> RE: Who is this author? (2/17/2013 10:19:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: british exil

Never read the Harold Coyle Civil war books, are they worthing reading as a European? Or do I need a bit of info on who is who?

I did enjoy the story (The Ten Thousand) where the American forces were retreating through Germany to pull out of the country or surrender all weapons to the German government, because the new German Chancellor wanted the country to be free of foreign forces. As I live in Germany I had more of a feeling for the story as they were fighting and moving through the area that I know quite well.

Mat

Personally I think that was his best work

parusski -> RE: Who is this author? (2/17/2013 10:23:57 PM)

quote:

Never read the Harold Coyle Civil war books, are they worthing reading as a European? Or do I need a bit of info on who is who?

Mat

Yes british exil, Harold Coyle's books are worth "worthing" reading-whatever that is.[:D]

british exil -> RE: Who is this author? (2/18/2013 12:03:23 AM)

quote:

quote:

Mat

Yes british exil, Harold Coyle's books are worth "worthing" reading-whatever that is.[:D]

Worthing reading, is reading and writing faster than my small brain can work in the morning with only 1 coffee drunk. With 2 coffees I would have written worth reading.
I must admit you were slow on picking up that minor slip up. Thx!!

It was worthing reading your post. Now I will correct my slip up.

Mat

parusski -> RE: Who is this author? (2/18/2013 12:29:22 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mat

Worthing reading, is reading and writing faster than my small brain can work in the morning with only 1 coffee drunk. With 2 coffees I would have written worth reading.
I must admit you were slow on picking up that minor slip up. Thx!!

It was worthing reading your post. Now I will correct my slip up.

Mat

Why thanks for depreciating worthing reading my post. I think that "worthing reading" is an excellent new way of showing depreciation for other's posts.

Max 86 -> RE: Who is this author? (2/18/2013 2:59:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Southern_land

quote:

Mat

Personally I think that was his best work

Agreed

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02