Philkian -> The Decisive Campaigns Series is Updated and Bundled! (2/12/2013 8:47:08 AM)
Matrix Games and VR Designs are proud to announce the release of two updates for the critically-acclaimed World War 2 strategy wargames Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris and Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue. These are the latest in a series of post-release updates that go beyond bug-fixing to continue to improve the entire series.
To celebrate the release of these comprehensive updates, Matrix Games is also running a promotional bundle, selling both games together with a great discount of $ 15,00 off the combined price. If you haven’t picked up these titles already, just add one to your cart in our online store and you’ll see the bundle offer to purchase both at the reduced price.
The v1.51 update for The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris fixes some bugs, minor AI problems and greatly improves gameplay and modding. It also introduces, among numerous features, new modding options, hotkeys for HQ Power (Key-5) and Air/Art Range (Key-6), zooming and volume/sound effects-adjusting, map managing and much more.
Here the full Changelog:
v1.51 – Feb 12, 2013
1. Little bigger font used in combat results.
2. Hotkey for HQ Power (Key-5) and Air/Art Range (Key-6) added.
3. Super Higher resolution now supported, bug with 2600 pixel width (or more) should be fixed.
4. New mod file lines can be added. After the buttons have all been defined there is now an optional line that takes the number of graphicfile string replacements. For each number add a line below. With two arguments: “stringtobereplaced,” ”stringtoreplacewith.” This functionality makes it easy to make graphic mods that don’t overwrite existing graphics. I will give some more info on this separately.
5. Wheel zooms in and out at location of mouse.
6. Fixed a Bug with aircraft not doing any structural damage when not faced with any opponents. (BUG)
7. When clicking OOB tab close you click through on map => fixed.
8. Some small fixes in editor and for import zip function.
9. Editor Add SfType bug fixed.
10. Fixed a bug caused by playing a regime card in the middle of giving an attack order (like air attack).
11. Fixed a bug with big map modus and switching back to small map modus using PgUp while in the middle of issuing an attack order.
12. Endless battle bug in AI with naval attacks on port should be fixed.
13. Stated in intcp mouse over that only fighters will intercept also double checked that no bombers are actually intercepting by accident.
14. Changed the d100 dice throw for intercept algorithm, this should fix issue with too often too large amount of enemy interceptors or to often too little amount of interceptors.
15. For modding: When loading ZIP game will now display any readme.txt file contents to player and if a file has been written to the mods/ directory the game will advise the player to restart the game.
16. For modding purposes: Regime Pen color is now not used for the natocounters and all text in the color is now correctly rendered in the Pen color. This should allow for modding really light counters and using black pen on top of them. If none of the rgb values of the Pen is above 128 then the text shadow is also dropped.
17. Increased highlighting of divisional parts and HQ subordinates
18. Volume control added for background music and for sound effects in the preferences tab
19. Recon does no longer destroy any completely empty units in the target hex.
20. Fixed a bug with a crash if you cancelled move by clicking outside highlighted area and then would follow up with clicking HQ link.
21. Supply is no longer already consumed in setup turn when playing with free setup variant on.
22. In the statistics the lines saying n/a no longer popup
23. Red attack arrows no longer appear on the map when moving aircraft.
24. Clicking in the detailed troop list and returning no longer resets listbox to top of list.
25. DC1 bug with less troops in campaign in France, while not played card fixed.
26. DC1 glitch in Sea Lion with German Corps units not using roman numerals fixed.
27. A minor AI bug.
The v1.05c update for Case Blue introduces some fine-tuning to the rules and revises the bonuses and cost management features. Also check the Forum page to view the full change list.
To download the updates, players can run “Check for Update” via the game menu or download them directly from the games’ download pages here and here.
These updates are evidence of the commitment of VR Designs and Matrix Games to keep supporting the Decisive Campaigns Series through a constant flow of game optimizations. “We are very proud to work with Victor Reijkersz and his team”, said Erik Rutins, Director of Product Development at Matrix Games, “Developers like VR Designs deliver on the essence of our core mission to stand by our releases, support the community and always keep an eye on customer feedback”.
Get more information on Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris and Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue from their official product pages.