RE: Goodnight (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Chickenboy -> RE: Goodnight (2/15/2013 6:07:58 AM)

Good morning, warspite1.

I've no idea what on Earth you're talking about, but it sounds as though you're pleased with some events that transpired over the past 24 hours of some sort. For that I'm pleased.

Just a thought about your sporting event that may make it more popular 'cross the pond'? If you could speak English in reciting events as they unfurled, that may improve the appeal somewhat. Just a thought.

Cheers, etc.

Chickenboy

warspite1 -> RE: Goodnight (2/15/2013 6:56:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Good morning, warspite1.

I've no idea what on Earth you're talking about, but it sounds as though you're pleased with some events that transpired over the past 24 hours of some sort. For that I'm pleased.

Just a thought about your sporting event that may make it more popular 'cross the pond'? If you could speak English in reciting events as they unfurled, that may improve the appeal somewhat. Just a thought.

Cheers, etc.

Chickenboy
warspite1

And a jolly good morning to you too Chickenboy!

Well let me see now - what happened last night in terms you can understand?

Last night was the first of a home and away Europa League soccer game between Olympique Lyonnais (they are from France...er France is in Europe next door to Germany) and England's Tottenham Hotspur (The Spurs).

The crowd was large and there were the usual chants from the opposing support - "Go The Spurs" and "Allez Lyon" were regularly heard between munching on hot-dogs and drinking soda.

Although the Spurs were the Home Team and are having a winning season, Lyon are having even more of a winning season in their own domestic league. Lyon are an experienced team when it comes to European soccer, and although The Spurs had no true freshmen, they do have a young squad.

The French team were well organised, using a nickelback defense to counter the Spurs offensive play, and had plenty of trick play. They were happy just to run out the clock. The Spurs did not play well and there were too many turnovers, although in the first half Kyle Walker was successfully employed in the scatback role on a couple of occasions.

Spurs employed their utility man, Gareth Bale as a tweener, but to little effect as the French defence was solid and The Spurs had alot of ineffective play. The French team employed man-to-man coverage too. Only at kicks was Gareth Bale truly dangerous and had a dead-eye for goal from the spot. What a placekicker!

So the game finished with a 2 and 1 margin of victory for The Spurs. The game was played in the right spirit; there were no slobber-knockers I'm pleased to say.

Jolly good fun!

Orm -> RE: Goodnight (2/16/2013 6:45:34 AM)

Good morning, My Lords, Ladies.

warspite1 -> RE: Goodnight (2/16/2013 10:52:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

warspite1

Good morning young Orm. Were you in a hurry? You appear to have left mid-sentence.

Good morning my Lords, Ladies, Gentlemen and Chickenboy.

Orm -> RE: Goodnight (2/16/2013 1:14:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

Good morning young Orm. Were you in a hurry? You appear to have left mid-sentence.

Good afternoon My Lord Warspite.

I rather think that a warm cup of tea summoned my attention and therefore I may have expressed myself a bit shorter than usual.

warspite1 -> RE: Goodnight (2/16/2013 8:44:04 PM)

Well I shall bid thee all Goodnight. I trust you have all had a splendid start to the weekend?

Goodnight all

Chickenboy -> RE: Goodnight (2/16/2013 8:47:49 PM)

quote:

Good morning Warspite1. I trust your day is shaping up well? Splendid. Splendid.

Upon further reflection, I believe Lord Chickenboy is my preferred salutation. Please make a note of it in future correspondence.

How about some fresh tea now, Governor? [rattles cup on saucer]

warspite1 -> RE: Goodnight (2/16/2013 9:23:02 PM)

quote:

quote:

Good morning Warspite1. I trust your day is shaping up well? Splendid. Splendid.

Upon further reflection, I believe Lord Chickenboy is my preferred salutation. Please make a note of it in future correspondence.

warspite1

Good Evening Chickenboy. Does one have Lordships in the USA?

parusski -> RE: Goodnight (2/16/2013 9:31:00 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Good mid-afternoon Lord warspite1, most high McCollegue. Yes, we have Lordships now. Our High Lord Great Never Take Responsibility Always Blame the Other Party Obama. I hear he wants to grant Lordships to the poor, for the children, since the poor provide jobs to everyone. I am a Lord in the great state of Wyoming, where we love State Lords, and of course British Lords from Uttoxeter.

warspite1 -> RE: Goodnight (2/16/2013 9:34:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Good mid-afternoon Lord warspite1, most high McCollegue. Yes, we have Lordships now. Our High Lord Great Never Take Responsibility Always Blame the Other Party Obama. I hear he wants to grant Lordships to the poor, for the children, since the poor provide jobs to everyone. I am a Lord in the great state of Wyoming, where we love State Lords, and of course British Lords from Uttoxeter.
warspite1

In which case I bid you hearty felicitations my Lords Chickenboy and parusski. Tell me prey, what are your exact titles?

parusski -> RE: Goodnight (2/16/2013 9:37:37 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

In which case I bid you hearty felicitations my Lords Chickenboy and parusski. Tell me prey, what are your exact titles?

I am called High Lord Defender of All Things Free, Defender of The Constitution and Prince of War.

warspite1 -> RE: Goodnight (2/16/2013 9:43:52 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

I am called High Lord Defender of All Things Free, Defender of The Constitution and Prince of War.
warspite1

So you don't have place names like we do then?

parusski -> RE: Goodnight (2/16/2013 9:57:11 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

warspite1

Good evening again warspite1. Why yes we do. I am Earl of We Don't Want No More Big Government'sville.

warspite1 -> RE: Goodnight (2/16/2013 10:01:11 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

warspite1

warspite1

For the record I am officially:

Lord Warspite1 of Pratt's Bottom and Uttoxeter

[image]local://upfiles/28156/49CCA2260AD043639C3E294A6FFC29B5.jpg[/image]

parusski -> RE: Goodnight (2/16/2013 10:06:34 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

warspite1

warspite1

warspite1

For the record I am officially:

Lord Warspite1 of Pratt's Bottom and Uttoxeter

[image]local://upfiles/28156/49CCA2260AD043639C3E294A6FFC29B5.jpg[/image]

Good evening Lord Warspite1 of Pratt's Bottom and Uttoxeter, I think it is past your bedtime.

warspite1 -> RE: Goodnight (2/17/2013 10:06:06 AM)

Good morning each and everyone of you!

What a beautiful day it is too here in sunny (yes I really do mean sunny) Londinium. Hope the weather is equally as nice where you are. Come to think of it, given where some of you hail from, I am sure that is the case - a whole lot warmer too [:)].

warspite1 -> RE: Goodnight (2/18/2013 12:22:13 AM)

Oh well - the end of another weekend [:(] Never mind, only five more days and we get another one [:)] Good night to you all!

parusski -> RE: Goodnight (2/18/2013 12:27:50 AM)

quote:

Oh well - the end of another weekend [:(] Never mind, only five more days and we get another one [:)] Good night to you all!

I bid thee a slumberous eve Lord warspite1. As you said, just five more days.

warspite1 -> RE: Goodnight (2/18/2013 9:05:19 AM)

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Good morning all!

parusski -> RE: Goodnight (2/18/2013 2:41:20 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Good morning all!

Top of the morning to you Lord of Uttoxeter warspite1.

warspite1 -> RE: Goodnight (2/18/2013 9:04:21 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Good morning all!

Top of the morning to you Lord of Uttoxeter warspite1.
warspite1

Why thank-you sir.

At this juncture, I shall bid you all bonne nuit [:)]

warspite1 -> RE: Goodnight (2/19/2013 7:42:05 AM)

Good morning!

Another bright, if a little chilly, day ahead me thinks.

Toodle pip!

Chickenboy -> RE: Goodnight (2/19/2013 12:36:04 PM)

Fair morrow, kind sir. Pardon me-would you happen to have any Grey Poupon?

SLAAKMAN -> RE: Goodnight (2/19/2013 1:55:22 PM)

Enjoy a morning battle; [:D]

Tiny driver ants Vs red ants - Ant Attack - BBC wildlife
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL3sHuK3iGE

parusski -> RE: Goodnight (2/19/2013 3:12:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

Enjoy a morning battle; [:D]

Tiny driver ants Vs red ants - Ant Attack - BBC wildlife
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL3sHuK3iGE

I bid SLAAKMAN and Lord Pratts Bottom warspite1 a jolly good mid-morning. I am enjoying a balmy -7 Celsius, with several inches of snow expected over the next few day.

Orm -> RE: Goodnight (2/23/2013 8:06:40 AM)

Good morning my Lord Warspite1, Ladies, Gentlemen.

warspite1 -> RE: Goodnight (2/23/2013 8:28:54 AM)

And a good morrow to you young Ormster! I trust this morn finds you well?

Orm -> RE: Goodnight (2/23/2013 8:38:17 AM)

quote:

Indeed, My Lord. I can see the sun and the snow is white so it will be a bright day. Therefore I feel cheerful. And I have a nice cup of tea in front of me.

warspite1 -> RE: Goodnight (2/23/2013 8:41:56 AM)

quote:

quote:

Indeed, My Lord. I can see the sun and the snow is white so it will be a bright day. Therefore I feel cheerful. And I have a nice cup of tea in front of me.
warspite1

That's the spirit, what?

I am listening to Ellie Goulding (Halcyon) whilst doing the Polish MWIF units - what fun! [:)]

Orm -> RE: Goodnight (2/23/2013 8:49:06 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

That's the spirit, what?

I am listening to Ellie Goulding (Halcyon) whilst doing the Polish MWIF units - what fun! [:)]

Sounds fun.

If you want different background music while you concentrate on the write-ups you could try Vanessa Paradis in a acoustic concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP6eLBqqHwM

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
5.273438E-02