Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

David The Great -> Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 2:01:38 PM)

It seems that some players are bullied around by their wife/partner/gaylord, maybey they lack arguments to convince them that wargaming is not such a bad deal.
To help them out i suggest to come up with some arguments that can be used to convince them.
Some ideas :

1 strip bars are more expensive
2 I'm always ( physical ) near you .
etc ...

jeffk3510 -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 3:54:27 PM)

I sit right by my wife and talk with her the entire time (laptop). Her main hobby (only hobby really) is reading. I bought her a Kindle a couple of years ago, and we both sit on the couch while she reads, and I play WiTPAE...works out well. She doesn't complain about it one bit.

I am not out in the bars (not that I would go anyways), or not at home for any reason.

I haven't really explained it to her, but, my knowledge of ships, planes, and geography as vastly improved, so it is almost like studying history for me so to speak.

I don't ever play it or any game while the kids are up or chores are not done.

I don't let it take over my life.

To be honest, if you're responsible with your own life/duties/time etc...WiTP is just something you do in your free time. If your significant other has a problem with it, then it is something else you're doing wrong.

Gräfin Zeppelin -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 4:24:39 PM)

[image]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l304/Sterntaenzer/Batman-Proper-Bitch-Slap_zpsa1a04413.jpg[/image]

Chickenboy -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 4:26:35 PM)

Language, Grafin. Language. [:-]

nashvillen -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 6:21:40 PM)

There are women and children that read this board... [:-]

Oh, yeah, forgot. You are a woman... [:D]

So, remember, there are children that read this board... [;)]

witpqs -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 6:35:48 PM)

Fixed your post by adding a bit borrowed from a Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant:
quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

There are women and children that read this board... [:-]

Oh, yeah, forgot. You are a woman... [:D]

So, remember, there are children and those who act like children that read this board... [;)]

[:D]

dorjun driver -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 6:41:19 PM)

What Ms. Zeppelin said.

Dixie -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 7:41:40 PM)

If I have learned anything from TV, and I have, it is that women like kittens. So show the lovely lady a picture of a kitten and she'll be just fine. This advice was courtesy of Mr Cholmondley-Warner [:D]

My wife doesn't understand it, she actually thinks it's geeky. This is a woman who watched films about sparkly vampires [8|] Justpoint out that you are the man of the house and order her to give you permission to play. [;)]

Ranger5355 -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 7:50:07 PM)

At home, sober and quiet.
My wife loves this game[;)]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 8:16:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

[image]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l304/Sterntaenzer/Batman-Proper-Bitch-Slap_zpsa1a04413.jpg[/image]

Why does Robin have his hair in a bun? Please don't tell me he was a cross dresser?

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 8:24:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

My wife doesn't understand it, she actually thinks it's geeky.

[:D]

bradfordkay -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 9:08:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

Why does Robin have his hair in a bun? Please don't tell me he was a cross dresser?

He goes by the name "Robin", he wears colorful tights and a cape... has it taken you this long to figure it out? Why do you think that the millionaire batchelor lets him live with him? [X(]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 9:28:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

quote:

quote:

He goes by the name "Robin", he wears colorful tights and a cape... has it taken you this long to figure it out? Why do you think that the millionaire batchelor lets him live with him? [X(]

[X(] Hory Crap, Batman! <decades of innocence are lost in an instant>

DOCUP -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 9:40:46 PM)

I don't argue.  I turn on a chick flick or a TV show she likes. Distraction works very well.

DivePac88 -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 9:47:31 PM)

It's simple for me, as I'm Loading AE I look over at Mrs DivePac and say 'you are looking good tonight dear'. [;)]

Gräfin Zeppelin -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 9:57:59 PM)

Tis one better ?

[image]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l304/Sterntaenzer/battleship.jpg[/image]

Gräfin Zeppelin -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 10:00:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

It's simple for me, as I'm Loading AE I look over at Mrs DivePac and say 'you are looking good tonight dear'. [;)]

Hmmmmmmm charming. Not bad at all actually.

Kwik E Mart -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 10:12:27 PM)

quote:

...did batman steal that line from this guy?

[image]local://upfiles/13152/7E58E3FB9054471FB14478EBD8D84537.jpg[/image]

nashvillen -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 10:15:57 PM)

At home, in a central location in the house, can drop what I am doing unless it is running a turn, then just wait for a combat results screen, and do what needs to be done from loading the dishwasher (No, I am not saying get her a drink!), to clearing a jam in the toilet that my nearly 13 year old son has left. She knows I am there for her. If she needs to talk, there is a chair next to me, she just has to move Queen Sasha (Our Siamese) from her post on it and sit down and talk to me. Again, plenty of time to pause from the game and pay attention.

Also, listen to the house. Know what is going on. Call the kids in occasionally and talk to them about things the wife wants talked about. It is all great and wonderful, so when she hears the "Ding-Ding" of a turn loading, she knows all is well. It becomes a comforting sound, it becomes something she looks forward to hearing.

It is all about the conditioning.

Colonel Mustard -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 10:55:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

If I have learned anything from TV, and I have, it is that women like kittens. So show the lovely lady a picture of a kitten and she'll be just fine. This advice was courtesy of Mr Cholmondley-Warner [:D]

My wife doesn't understand it, she actually thinks it's geeky. This is a woman who watched films about sparkly vampires [8|] Justpoint out that you are the man of the house and order her to give you permission to play. [;)]

Let us all know how that works out, will you? [sm=fighting0045.gif]

Lokasenna -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 10:57:03 PM)

quote:

At home, in a central location in the house, can drop what I am doing unless it is running a turn, then just wait for a combat results screen, and do what needs to be done from loading the dishwasher (No, I am not saying get her a drink!), to clearing a jam in the toilet that my nearly 13 year old son has left. She knows I am there for her. If she needs to talk, there is a chair next to me, she just has to move Queen Sasha (Our Siamese) from her post on it and sit down and talk to me. Again, plenty of time to pause from the game and pay attention.

Also, listen to the house. Know what is going on. Call the kids in occasionally and talk to them about things the wife wants talked about. It is all great and wonderful, so when she hears the "Ding-Ding" of a turn loading, she knows all is well. It becomes a comforting sound, it becomes something she looks forward to hearing.

I don't know whether this is charming or...unsettling. [:D]

Colonel Mustard -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 10:59:21 PM)

quote:

quote:

That's not a bun, just a cowlick. Not that that's much better....

I think the picture should show Robin's mask flying off.

Colonel Mustard -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 11:08:12 PM)

quote:

Choose one of the following:

A: Diplomacy - The art of letting someone else have your way.

Or:

B: Emasculation - The art of doing whatever it takes to keep the woman happy and yourself out of the usual pile of s###.

DivePac88 -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/5/2013 11:25:03 PM)

I have another cunning scheme I use sometimes too;

After a long day Mrs DivePac and I usually both end-up in the living-room in front of the TV. I ask her to pick which program she whats to watch, so she will pick something that she wants to Listen to. Then in my most boring tone I can do, I start a conversation with her, something like this; 'I am getting increasingly disappointed with the consistency of the thickness of individual slices of factory-sliced bread dear, what do you think is going on?'. Then normally after I say this, Mrs Divepac will turn and say, 'Aren't you going to play your game tonight dear?' - Touche! [;)]

Maglio -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/6/2013 1:21:57 AM)

DivePac aproach to the problem, worked in the most awesome way!!! [&o]

However, I must say Mrs Maglio was reading 50 shades of grey [:'(]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/6/2013 2:27:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maglio

DivePac aproach to the problem, worked in the most awesome way!!! [&o]

However, I must say Mrs Maglio was reading 50 shades of grey [:'(]

If you think you are "off the hook", amigo.......

You will probably be summoned upstairs shortly

Colonel Mustard -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/6/2013 2:50:01 AM)

quote:

If you think you are "off the hook", amigo.......

You will probably be summoned upstairs shortly

You just need to show her how WITP-AE models Prisoners of War.[;)] Then you can go back your game uninterrupted for the rest of the night.

Just don't forget to let her loose before you fall asleep.

wdolson -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/6/2013 3:27:52 AM)

I'm free to do what I want as long as I supply a minimum spec of attention each day. She has two jobs, actually two full blown careers (over achiever is an understatement), so she is usually ignoring me because she has some fire to fight.

Each situation is different. Someone with an extroverted mate is going to want a lot more attention than an introverted mate. Introverts want attention from their mate, but they're usually fine with doing their own thing while you're busy with something. Extroverts usually have more trouble with silence in their space and get antsy if there isn't something going on. So they often are somewhat more high maintenance mates who need more attention.

Both my mate and I are very introverted, so each doing our own thing while hanging out in the same room is perfectly fine most of the time.

Bill

jeffk3510 -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/6/2013 3:35:33 AM)

quote:

Touche!

jeffk3510 -> RE: Helping eachother out, arguments to use to calm the wife (2/6/2013 3:36:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

I have another cunning scheme I use sometimes too;

After a long day Mrs DivePac and I usually both end-up in the living-room in front of the TV. I ask her to pick which program she whats to watch, so she will pick something that she wants to Listen to. Then in my most boring tone I can do, I start a conversation with her, something like this; 'I am getting increasingly disappointed with the consistency of the thickness of individual slices of factory-sliced bread dear, what do you think is going on?'. Then normally after I say this, Mrs Divepac will turn and say, 'Aren't you going to play your game tonight dear?' - Touche! [;)]

Hahahaha!

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI