I've found another asterisk (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Chris H -> I've found another asterisk (2/4/2013 2:13:10 PM)

What does it indicate when it's beside an LCU commanders name?

Colonel Mustard -> RE: I've found another asterisk (2/4/2013 5:16:43 PM)

That's the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" reminder. [;)]

Cap Mandrake -> RE: I've found another asterisk (2/5/2013 8:19:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Colonel Mustard

That's the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" reminder. [;)]

[:D]

How about future leader bug victim?

Colonel Mustard -> RE: I've found another asterisk (2/5/2013 10:50:06 PM)

Obviously, we're not being very helpful. There are a ton of posts on the forum about various asterisks to be found, but none of them I've found address your particular situation. My advice is to keep watch for more and try to discern a pattern of some kind.

Edit: I meant more leader asterisks, not more posts. Figure out what they have in common.

Chris H -> RE: I've found another asterisk (2/6/2013 8:53:03 AM)

quote:

Obviously, we're not being very helpful. There are a ton of posts on the forum about various asterisks to be found, but none of them I've found address your particular situation. My advice is to keep watch for more and try to discern a pattern of some kind.

Edit: I meant more leader asterisks, not more posts. Figure out what they have in common.

I have been musing the question and I think it indicates the commander can be assigned to a HQ. I will attemp to confirm it.

Chris H -> RE: I've found another asterisk (2/6/2013 9:08:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

quote:

I have been musing the question and I think it indicates the commander can be assigned to a HQ. I will attemp to confirm it.

Can't be that. I've just look at changing one and other commanders are available with an * as a replacement.

Roger Neilson 3 -> RE: I've found another asterisk (2/6/2013 11:54:24 AM)

I'm guessing its to do with their 'private life'.......

Lol

Roger

catwhoorg -> RE: I've found another asterisk (2/6/2013 3:00:26 PM)

They used PEDs ?

Chickenboy -> RE: I've found another asterisk (2/6/2013 4:35:31 PM)

Clearly, those commanders with the * were in action during the steroid years.

jeffk3510 -> RE: I've found another asterisk (2/6/2013 5:24:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Clearly, those commanders with the * were in action during the steroid years.

I miss that in sports. Baseball was so much more fun as a kid...40 players over 50 HRs a year is more like it.

Colonel Mustard -> RE: I've found another asterisk (2/7/2013 1:54:19 AM)

So, I went back to my game to see what's what. I didn't solve your problem, but I did discover....that I don't seem to have any LCU commanders with an asterisk!

I looked at a bunch of different units:
Units at bases, or not;
Units in combat, or not;
Units with supply, or not;
Units at Rest, or not;
Units marching, or not.
Probably some others that I can't recall now. I just don't have any asterisk commanders.

What is different between my game and yours? I am playing stock WITP-AE, Scenario 1.

Are your commanders new, recently replaced?
Could the commander somehow be "out of his element?" i.e., an Army general in charge of a Marine Unit? Or at a Navy base?
Are your commanders Allied or Japanese?

Lastly, why hasn't Alfred told us the answer yet? [&:]

Oh Where, Oh Where has my Underdog gone, Oh where, oh where can he be?

Colonel Mustard -> RE: I've found another asterisk (2/7/2013 1:59:21 AM)

The best part of all this is, I've made enough posts that I'm not a Matrix Recruit anymore!!!!![8D]

Blackhorse -> RE: I've found another asterisk (2/7/2013 2:00:17 AM)

Col. Mustard/Dan,

Completely OT: Congratulations! I'm fairly certain that you are the first person ever on this board to quote Sweet Polly Purebread. [:)]

. . .
"Thanks, Shoeshine Boy, you're humble and loveable."
"Bless you, sir."
. . .

Colonel Mustard -> RE: I've found another asterisk (2/7/2013 2:03:20 AM)

Now let's see if Alfred Underdog heard the call for help!

Chris H -> RE: I've found another asterisk (2/7/2013 8:25:30 AM)

quote:

So, I went back to my game to see what's what. I didn't solve your problem, but I did discover....that I don't seem to have any LCU commanders with an asterisk!

I looked at a bunch of different units:
Units at bases, or not;
Units in combat, or not;
Units with supply, or not;
Units at Rest, or not;
Units marching, or not.
Probably some others that I can't recall now. I just don't have any asterisk commanders.

What is different between my game and yours? I am playing stock WITP-AE, Scenario 1.

Are your commanders new, recently replaced?
Could the commander somehow be "out of his element?" i.e., an Army general in charge of a Marine Unit? Or at a Navy base?
Are your commanders Allied or Japanese?

Lastly, why hasn't Alfred told us the answer yet? [&:]

Oh Where, Oh Where has my Underdog gone, Oh where, oh where can he be?

Dababes lite. I'm playing Japanese against AI and all came with the units (33 in total) and they are all IJN. The asterisk also appears in tracker so that made me think they are not produced by the game. I've now checked the scenario design and it appears that all are a tuping error as the asterisk appears in they names.

Moral of the story, 'Asterisks arn't always perfect, they do make msitakes'.[:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI