TOE upgrades (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Chris H -> TOE upgrades (2/4/2013 2:00:57 PM)

Could somebody remind me what the rules are for TOE upgrades? I thought they had to be within 2 x command radious of a command HQ to do so.

witpqs -> RE: TOE upgrades (2/4/2013 2:09:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Could somebody remind me what the rules are for TOE upgrades? I thought they had to be within 2 x command radious of a command HQ to do so.

I don't recall the exact radius but, yes there is one. Also, the unit must be in Rest mode. Maybe the unit has to be in a base, too. I don't know for sure on that last one.

Chris H -> RE: TOE upgrades (2/4/2013 2:26:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

I don't recall the exact radius but, yes there is one. Also, the unit must be in Rest mode. Maybe the unit has to be in a base, too. I don't know for sure on that last one.

Base and rest mode I remembered those two. It's the radius I'm concerned about. I've had a BF upgrade that is nowhere near a command HQ that I can see, it's in Truk and the closest listed (using the G key) command HQ is in Tokyo. However the SE Area Fleet HQ is in Truk and although not shown as a command HQ in the LCU list it is when you open the LCU window. See below. It must be SE Area Fleet HQ that enabled the BF to upgrade. I have another in Rabaul I'll move it to with 10 hex (it's command rating) and see what happens.

[image]local://upfiles/5388/CF3A527ADFA747688073FE8D076DA771.jpg[/image]

witpqs -> RE: TOE upgrades (2/4/2013 2:33:02 PM)

The image you posted shows it as "Command HQ". It's just named "Southeast Area Fleet". Look at the upper left-hand corner.

PaxMondo -> RE: TOE upgrades (2/5/2013 2:33:36 AM)

Command HQ, 2 x radius
Base
Rest mode

Think thats it.

Blackhorse -> RE: TOE upgrades (2/5/2013 5:03:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Command HQ, 2 x radius
Base
Rest mode

Think thats it.

Also, "replacements on", "upgrade allowed" ...
and some minimum level of supply, methinks

Capt Hornblower -> RE: TOE upgrades (2/5/2013 5:22:07 AM)

Why isn't this stuff published anywhere? If not in the manual, this kind of thing should be in a readme someplace.

Chris H -> RE: TOE upgrades (2/5/2013 8:52:30 AM)

quote:

The image you posted shows it as "Command HQ". It's just named "Southeast Area Fleet". Look at the upper left-hand corner.

Yes it must be but, as I said in the post, it is not listed as a command HQ when you use the G key to list all HQs, just a naval HQ. Not until I went through all HQs in the area of the unit that upgraded did I realise this. The same thing applies to the 4th Fleet HQ but I knew about this one but disregarded it, t was too far away.

I am now reminded of a discussion in the forum about it and the conclusion was it wasn't a command HQ as it did not appear to give any combat bonuses. Having checked the post again it does say that it allows TOE upgrades but not combat bonuses but how does that work? It either is or it isn't. I can't see the game being able to differentiate between two types of command HQ. I've looked in the scenario editor in an attempt to work it out but cannot.

This begs the question as to why these two are command HQs and the Combined Fleet isn't. Seems bizarre to me.

ckammp -> RE: TOE upgrades (2/5/2013 2:27:23 PM)

quote:

quote:

Yes it must be but, as I said in the post, it is not listed as a command HQ when you use the G key to list all HQs, just a naval HQ. Not until I went through all HQs in the area of the unit that upgraded did I realise this. The same thing applies to the 4th Fleet HQ but I knew about this one but disregarded it, t was too far away.

I am now reminded of a discussion in the forum about it and the conclusion was it wasn't a command HQ as it did not appear to give any combat bonuses. Having checked the post again it does say that it allows TOE upgrades but not combat bonuses but how does that work? It either is or it isn't. I can't see the game being able to differentiate between two types of command HQ. I've looked in the scenario editor in an attempt to work it out but cannot.

This begs the question as to why these two are command HQs and the Combined Fleet isn't. Seems bizarre to me.

Both "4th Fleet" and "Southeast Area Fleet" are naval HQs.
The reason they are listed as command HQs on the LCU screen is because they are assigned as their own HQ. This allows other units to be assigned to them, and to function as a limited command HQ.
"Combined Fleet" is also a naval HQ, but is assigned to "Southern Army", and thus only functions as a naval HQ.

Cap Mandrake -> RE: TOE upgrades (2/5/2013 8:22:57 PM)

See, that's the good thing about this game. If you can't figure this stuff out or you haven't read the manual...[:)]...then you can just leave the unit on Canton Is. for the rest of the war and use another.

Chris H -> RE: TOE upgrades (2/6/2013 8:25:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckammp

quote:

quote:

quote:

Both "4th Fleet" and "Southeast Area Fleet" are naval HQs.

The reason they are listed as command HQs on the LCU screen is because they are assigned as their own HQ. This allows other units to be assigned to them, and to function as a limited command HQ.

How is this acheived? Unless it is hard wired somehow into the game I can see no way of through the scenario editor to accomplish this.

quote:

"Combined Fleet" is also a naval HQ, but is assigned to "Southern Army", and thus only functions as a naval HQ.

In all Japanese OOBs that I have ever seen the Combined fleet was not assigned to the Southern Army it reported direct to the Imperial Headquarters. All naval fleets reported to the combined fleet. However I'm not bothered about that, it doesn't affect the game as it is.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02