Bypassing Singapore (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Dante Fierro -> Bypassing Singapore (2/3/2013 6:05:07 AM)

Has any IJ player ever tried bypassing and neutralizing Singapore- instead of a full-on fight for occupation at game start? And
instead moved rapidly into Sumatra and Borneo cutting off Sing - and letting it wither over time? Or is this idea not even feasible?

Thx in advance. [:D]

wdolson -> RE: Bypassing Singapore (2/3/2013 6:43:23 AM)

It's possible, but Singapore will probably have a fair bit of supply and could be a pain in your rear, figuratively and literally.

Bill

Sardaukar -> RE: Bypassing Singapore (2/3/2013 6:54:46 AM)

It can hurt the invasion of Palembang, which is one of important places for Japanese to get fast.

Cannonfodder -> RE: Bypassing Singapore (2/3/2013 8:14:51 AM)

And you deny yourself the use of a large port that can resupply your battleships... + its a great hub for forwarding supplies and troops.

PaxMondo -> RE: Bypassing Singapore (2/3/2013 12:28:41 PM)

Yeah, not having this port is a non-starter for me.  Have to take Singers .. sooner is better as well.

dr.hal -> RE: Bypassing Singapore (2/3/2013 1:55:48 PM)

Also the shipyard! If the allied player is doing things right, you are going to need that 50K capability! It's a long way from the front back to Japan....

Chickenboy -> RE: Bypassing Singapore (2/3/2013 2:37:30 PM)

I suppose that it could be bypassed in the short term by taking both Merak and Oosthaven and cleaning that strait up for transit. But you'll need Singapore in the long run to (as others have said) mitigate the aerial threat to Palembang as well as utilize the port.

Dante Fierro -> RE: Bypassing Singapore (2/3/2013 4:29:40 PM)

Appears the consensus: bypassing Singapore is feasible but not viable. Reasons: Palembang and port size. Thanks for comments.

Crackaces -> RE: Bypassing Singapore (2/3/2013 4:42:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dante Fierro

Appears the consensus: bypassing Singapore is feasible but not viable. Reasons: Palembang and port size. Thanks for comments.

Something not mentioned is that Singers is a 90 vp multiple and possible 9/9 base. 2430 Allied VP's A good chunk Not only does the IJ want to capture this base but hold it as well .. right now in the end game of my current PBEM game .. Singers stands between me and AV ... [;)] 58,225/19,682 ..

Other major bases like this might come in mind ..

Dante Fierro -> RE: Bypassing Singapore (2/3/2013 4:51:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dante Fierro

Something not mentioned is that Singers is a 90 vp multiple and possible 9/9 base. 2430 Allied VP's A good chunk Not only does the IJ want to capture this base but hold it as well .. right now in the end game of my current PBEM game .. Singers stands between me and AV ... [;)] 58,225/19,682 ..

Other major bases like this might come in mind ..

Good point. Good luck! [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.464844E-02