Back from my wife making me quit a while (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

srv24243 -> Back from my wife making me quit a while (1/31/2013 9:38:57 PM)

First off I would like to apologize to all the guys who contacted me about a pbem and I never got back to them. My wife made me quit a while. She got sick of me playing all the time lol. Well I am back on the saddle again and against the a.i. I am playing my first game as the allies and its been smooth sailing so far. But I have a big question. How often does someone sink a jap battleship in the first seven turns. I found the hyuga, mogami, and a few destroyers off Davao securing the area and I sent the prince of wales and the repulse which both survived the Betty onslaught. I sent them with a lot of destroyers, uss Houston, uss Boise, and a couple light cruisers of Dutch and British origin. I sank the hyuga with only seven shots by a lucky round hitting the magazine and waxing it. Mogami and the des got away not before mogami slapped a torp into prince of wales. Was I to courageous doing this and would be gamey at all? Lol just can't believe I pulled it off

Chickenboy -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (1/31/2013 10:16:15 PM)

Just can't believe you pulled it off?  What?  Getting back into the game?  Is your wife still with you?  [;)]

srv24243 -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (1/31/2013 10:18:14 PM)

Amazed I pulled off the attack. Lol she is still with me yes. It took a lot of persuasion.

Mistmatz -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (2/1/2013 1:35:50 AM)

I wonder if that was easier than say asking for an open relationship. [;)]

Welcome back.

srv24243 -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (2/1/2013 3:18:45 AM)

So was sinking hyuga in the first seven days of the campaign gamey?? I feel like if the allies had had the available ships in the area they would have performed such operations against the Japanese

Cannonfodder -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (2/1/2013 6:39:13 AM)

No, I don't think it is gamey. Allied ships used real steel to shoot at the Japanese..

Jorge_Stanbury -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (2/1/2013 12:46:22 PM)

Not gamey at all,

however, assuming this was done before ABDA, I don't think it was possible in RL to have a such a combined US-UK-Dutch naval operation. Command structure was simply not there yet.

Besides no British admiral will commit Force Z to the defense of Mindanao while Malaya and Singapore were in danger.

DivePac88 -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (2/1/2013 9:11:01 PM)

He probably used plan 'Orange Juice'; that is were the wife asks you to stop playing this game. So what you do then is start going out at night, coming home late, drunk and with a couple of young woman. You will find that your wife either begs you to go back to this game, or she leaves you and you have all the time you need to play.

dr.hal -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (2/1/2013 9:35:07 PM)

Man with the marriage advise you folks give, who needs a therapist!

wneumann -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (2/1/2013 10:01:29 PM)

quote:

He probably used plan 'Orange Juice'; that is were the wife asks you to stop playing this game. So what you do then is start going out at night, coming home late, drunk and with a couple of young woman. You will find that your wife either begs you to go back to this game, or she leaves you and you have all the time you need to play.

Where the hell was AE when I needed it.... back in '92.

Though life is good when you can come and go at will.

Mistmatz -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (2/1/2013 10:34:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Is that what they call a win-win? [8D]

jeffk3510 -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (2/1/2013 10:50:26 PM)

That is what I tell my wife all of the time.

I could be in bars and bringing home women instead if you wish..

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (2/1/2013 11:01:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

That is what I tell my wife all of the time.

I could be in bars and bringing home women instead if you wish..

GOTP doesn't mind if I play all the itme, but as a joke I remind her I could be golfing. FAR more expensive than booze and other women.

Gräfin Zeppelin -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (2/2/2013 8:58:52 PM)

Womankind is sooo annoying isnt it ? [:D]

Yes ? feel free to speak your mind and fear no harm -.-

DivePac88 -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (2/2/2013 9:12:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

You've got to be kidding, that would be suicidal where I come from. [X(]

Cannonfodder -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (2/3/2013 8:13:45 AM)

I told you she (Grafin) was a spy... I told you

ilovestrategy -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (2/3/2013 11:29:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

My wife would kill me several times over if I did that!

kaleun -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (2/3/2013 3:48:09 PM)

Speak my mind? Haven't done that for 32 years.

bigred -> RE: Back from my wife making me quit a while (2/4/2013 2:21:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: srv24243

Amazed I pulled off the attack. Lol she is still with me yes. It took a lot of persuasion.

Well, the wife needs to ask you if you love AE more than HER.

Then, what will be your answer?

I guess you will have to share...[sm=00000280.gif]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI