Command Line switches? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support

ool -> Command Line switches? (1/31/2013 4:42:09 PM)

Will be getting a new laptop with multiple processing power. Eight processors if i remember correctly. Can this game SW take advantage of the processing power of all these processors? Are there any specific command line switches that must be used to get the SW to use all the available processing power?

ool -> RE: Command Line switches? (2/9/2013 2:00:14 PM)

Ten days and no reply to my request for information. Got to be the most pathetic "tech support" I've ever had the misfortune to deal with!

Apollo11 -> RE: Command Line switches? (2/9/2013 4:29:27 PM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: ool

Will be getting a new laptop with multiple processing power. Eight processors if i remember correctly. Can this game SW take advantage of the processing power of all these processors? Are there any specific command line switches that must be used to get the SW to use all the available processing power?

The Tech support primarily deals with technical problems... [;)]

As for your question - no, there is no command line switch dealing with multithreading!

BTW, there are just handful of simulations / games that use two cores and let alone four or eight (you most likely have 4 actual CPU cores but with HyperThreading you see it as 8)... [8D]

Leo "Apollo11"

Pelton -> RE: Command Line switches? (2/9/2013 5:21:57 PM)

s
quote:

Ten days and no reply to my request for information. Got to be the most pathetic "tech support" I've ever had the misfortune to deal with!

Your 100% wrong.

I am surpised by how quickly these guys answer questions, look into issues and poeple thinking they have an issues.

Its a small crew and they do a great job.

This is a long term project 2by3 is working on, which in the end will be the greatest monster game ever under taken dealing with the War in Europe.

2by3 alrdy has the best monster game to-date WitP.

Injoy the ride, sure it will have a few bumps along the way.

Over all they are best crew out there putting out WW2 games.

Baelfiin -> RE: Command Line switches? (2/9/2013 6:47:27 PM)

quote:

I think Leo has you pretty well covered now.

morvael -> RE: Command Line switches? (2/9/2013 7:39:18 PM)

It's sad to say, this game doesn't even make proper use of multithreading, so one shouldn't expect it to use multiple cores...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.300049E-02