OT: Daily Motivational (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

TheElf -> OT: Daily Motivational (1/31/2013 1:23:34 AM)

I just posted this over on the Warbirds of Prey Site. Just an incredibly well made vid and some killer Glitch Mob beats. I know most of this community is on the other side of the hill line from me, but if this doesn't do it for you nothing will...

Watch in HD full screen mode. With music turned up. If you are still on dial up let it load and walk away. It's worth the wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTZbY06U0qk

jetjockey -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (1/31/2013 1:45:38 AM)

Thanks.

Gunner98 -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (1/31/2013 2:04:33 AM)

Nice!

dorjun driver -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (1/31/2013 2:32:04 AM)

Commander Edward C. "Vanna" White @ 0:54[8D]

Cpt Sherwood -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (1/31/2013 2:32:12 AM)

Fantastic, thanks Elf.

Chickenboy -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (1/31/2013 2:43:54 AM)

Good stuff, dude. Thanks for posting it!

Kwik E Mart -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (1/31/2013 10:07:48 PM)

...ahhh, the Chucky Vee...the memories...spent a good chunk of my life on that girl...that's me at about 1:06...well, not really me, but where i worked (assume that's Combat Center - looks a bit different now)...i believe we were directly under the number 2 or 3 wire (arresting wire)...when those hornets landed it was like having an iron pot on your head and someone banging it with a hammer...bolters were especially wracking since sometimes the hook would catch the wire, drag it up about 20 feet then it would slam back to the steel deck...[X(]

...hey elf, have hornet drivers always not worn gloves on the cat shot? we wore them on take off and landing the P-3...

...thanks for the link! [&o]

mikkey -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (1/31/2013 10:42:17 PM)

fantastic video, thanks for sharing Elf

ecwgcx -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (1/31/2013 11:05:04 PM)

Three thoughts:
1) Amazing how wide and squat the carrier looks from behind. Probably like me[:D]
2) Though the Hornet is cool nothing looked cooler than the Tomcats, I miss those birds.
3) The music reminds me of Tangerine Dream from my day

Thanks Elf, way cool.

jeffk3510 -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (2/1/2013 2:10:24 AM)

Spankin' cool!

denisonh -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (2/1/2013 3:30:50 AM)

Nice video Ian.

My only perspective on your business is as an unglamorous Army dude who remembers sitting on the ground near Gardez watching fast movers fly over at night (kind of like moving "stars" in the crystal clear night sky) splitting off to hit targets somewhere in Eastern Afghanistan. The "unglamorous" Army stuff does't make such cool videos.

RevRick -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (2/1/2013 4:01:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: denisonh

Nice video Ian.

My only perspective on your business is as an unglamorous Army dude who remembers sitting on the ground near Gardez watching fast movers fly over at night (kind of like moving "stars" in the crystal clear night sky) splitting off to hit targets somewhere in Eastern Afghanistan. The "unglamorous" Army stuff does't make such cool videos.

My Pappy (now departed JarHead - though I NEVER called him that when he was still able to kick my rump!) and I talked about that. That "unglamorous" Army and Marine stuff is why the WingWipers, Bird Farms, and deckapes, snipes, and tronjockies are all there - to help youse guys git'r done!

Terminus -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (2/1/2013 5:59:23 AM)

I thought I saw a Prowler on the deck? Then I thought "aren't those out of service"?

Chickenboy -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (2/1/2013 2:43:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I thought I saw a Prowler on the deck? Then I thought "aren't those out of service"?

I thought the EA-6Bs only very recently were retired. Was it one of them?

AW1Steve -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (2/1/2013 8:38:58 PM)

I don't think that they are completely gone yet. Soon, but not yet. [:(]

denisonh -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (2/1/2013 9:05:23 PM)

EA 18 will be taking over the mission in total.

The EA-6B should have already been phased out of the inventory but the retirement was delayed due to a number of reasons.
quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

reg113 -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (2/1/2013 9:23:48 PM)

Hawkeyes till '45!!!

AW1Steve -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (2/1/2013 9:41:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: denisonh

EA 18 will be taking over the mission in total.

The EA-6B should have already been phased out of the inventory but the retirement was delayed due to a number of reasons.
quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

I only know I saw one three months or so ago at the transient line here.But it may have belonged to one of the "labs" vice a squadron. I mean China lake till has 3 S-3's and they've been gone for years. [:)]

Terminus -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (2/2/2013 9:02:07 AM)

I saw at least one S-3 as well (their wing-folding arrangement is very distinctive). Methinks the footage is not entirely new... Still a good vid.

TheElf -> RE: OT: Daily Motivational (2/2/2013 3:17:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I saw at least one S-3 as well (their wing-folding arrangement is very distinctive). Methinks the footage is not entirely new... Still a good vid.

The video was a compilation of video from all sources. I noted some clips from the IMAX film Flight. So yes there were some Tomcats and S-3s in the video.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI