Deployment Error ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Tech Support

kirk23 -> Deployment Error ? (1/30/2013 11:28:30 AM)

I have just started a new game, and on turn 3 game crashes when I start to deploy,my newly purchased units,see photo.

I have never touched anything to do with the game_deployment.Lua file.[&:] ( also I have discovered it only affects the CP )

[image]local://upfiles/36378/69287C79B824455CBFBA325565B9A397.jpg[/image]

Lord Zimoa -> RE: Deployment Error ? (2/2/2013 9:46:57 AM)

Thanks, if you post the error log we can have a look.

kirk23 -> RE: Deployment Error ? (2/2/2013 10:16:22 AM)

This is all the error log states,which is of no help.My modding is at a stand still,untill I can track down this problem.

KERNEL MEMORY CHECKING IS **OFF**

Lord Zimoa -> RE: Deployment Error ? (2/2/2013 10:22:39 AM)

I see if after the weekend Szymon or Dave can have a look, but do understand any modding is at your own risk, again we will try and help if we can, but in general we only can give tech support on un-modded games.

It is hard enough work to keep up with the regular games we develop and support.

kirk23 -> RE: Deployment Error ? (2/2/2013 10:34:39 AM)

I know that modding is at our own risks,but modding a separate install,allows us gamers alternative strategies,which can help improve the game in the long run,with play testing.

Lord Zimoa -> RE: Deployment Error ? (2/2/2013 10:42:52 AM)

Lordz has a modding background, so we are well aware and appreciate all help. :-)

Lukas -> RE: Deployment Error ? (2/2/2013 11:28:20 AM)

Is this using the extra city & ports mod? There is no way for us to trace this properly if it's a modded version of the game. The error means some city does not have a deployment limit defined, which sounds related to adding cities in a way the engine cannot handle it.

kirk23 -> RE: Deployment Error ? (2/2/2013 11:32:55 AM)

Many thanks for reply,your answer is a great help,now I know where to look for the error cheers!![&o]

Myrddraal -> RE: Deployment Error ? (2/3/2013 9:49:18 PM)

I see in your game you have quite a few cities which are adjacent to each other. Did this error appear after you added those?

kirk23 -> RE: Deployment Error ? (2/3/2013 10:22:46 PM)

Yes this only happened after I added some more city port combinations,I'm working my way back throught the most recent additions,in an attempt to find out which one or ones are causing this problem.

kirk23 -> RE: Deployment Error ? (2/4/2013 12:44:09 AM)

I have resorted to replacing the modded Constructions.Lua file,with the basic bog standard un modded game version,and it has solved the problem.I still have the problem of not being able to gain access to the map hex coordinates debug tactic,so any of the modding done to the map is trial and error counting hexes for City & Port placements,so until I can see the actual in game hex coordinates,my map modding with new Ports etc is on hold,I'm fed up guessing their positions![&:]

Myrddraal -> RE: Deployment Error ? (2/4/2013 10:57:00 AM)

Try this shortcut to get hex coordinates. (attached)

I suspect your problem may be because of either cities adjacent to each other or ports adjacent to two cities. The game map isn't meant to be so densely populated.

kirk23 -> RE: Deployment Error ? (2/4/2013 11:30:56 AM)

I downloaded the link,windows did not recognised it for some unknown reason,so I installed direct to where I have my modded version of the game,and somehow it changed every shortcut on my system,I had to use system restore to correct it,anyway back up and running again,have decided to stop modding the game at the present time,will await next patch and watch the game over the coming months,before returning to the game.

kirk23 -> RE: Deployment Error ? (2/4/2013 11:52:38 AM)

Before I take a short break from the game,I have a question,how come Zeppelins can't travel over sea hexes,Germany used these as the eyes of the High Seas Fleet.

[image]local://upfiles/36378/C2675FAAC1384E4892CED0F29120694A.jpg[/image]

catwhoorg -> RE: Deployment Error ? (2/4/2013 12:11:36 PM)

They can travel over sea hexes. (Air units can rebase from the UK to France without ships)

The hex they are in represent their base, and support facilities, which areobviously on land only.

Myrddraal -> RE: Deployment Error ? (2/4/2013 1:08:38 PM)

Exactly right, remember that LOS & Attack range represent the operational range of these units. The location of the unit is where it is based.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI