Hero of the day. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Josh -> Hero of the day. (1/30/2013 9:06:25 AM)

Saw this on the news today, and for me this young guy is hero of the day. Losing all of his limbs, and *then* have the courage and stamina to go on... my utmost respect.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/29/health/vet-arm-transplant/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Hero of the day. (1/30/2013 3:46:33 PM)

Your right, I don't how he hangs in there.  I hope all works out for him.  He and his family will be in my prayers.  Somethings maybe worse than death.  Whats also sad is that after all wars are over and everybody is back home,20-30 years from now.  He will still have his probems and most will not remember and some will not care.  He will be just another medical visit in the VA system.

Josh -> RE: Hero of the day. (1/30/2013 4:25:59 PM)

Marrocco's message to other's facing similar challenges? Don't give up hope. "Life always get better. You're still alive ... just be stubborn. Work your ass off."

"I just want to get the most out of these arms and just as goals come up, knock them down, and take it as absolutely far as I can. So really, I just want to get to the point that I can be completely on my own and just get back to enjoying life."

That's how he hangs in there. I cannot even begin to fathom the sacrifice he made.

vonRocko -> RE: Hero of the day. (1/30/2013 4:36:16 PM)

Next time we're having a "bad"day, we must think of him and others like him, and draw inspiration from them. That is a hero!

vonRocko -> RE: Hero of the day. (1/30/2013 4:43:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

Your right, I don't how he hangs in there.  I hope all works out for him.  He and his family will be in my prayers.  Somethings maybe worse than death.  Whats also sad is that after all wars are over and everybody is back home,20-30 years from now.  He will still have his probems and most will not remember and some will not care.  He will be just another medical visit in the VA system.

You're right it is sad. We will remember crackhead singers, doped up sport stars and philandering actors long after the real heros are gone. Remember when New Jersey flew their flags at half mast for that dopehead whitney houston, a jersey homegirl? Well a New Jersey homeboy just died, Norman Schwartzkopf(?), and I didn't see flags at halfmast for this hero. Absolutely disgusting![:@]

Jim D Burns -> RE: Hero of the day. (1/30/2013 6:15:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko
You're right it is sad. We will remember crackhead singers, doped up sport stars and philandering actors long after the real heros are gone. Remember when New Jersey flew their flags at half mast for that dopehead whitney houston, a jersey homegirl? Well a New Jersey homeboy just died, Norman Schwartzkopf(?), and I didn't see flags at halfmast for this hero. Absolutely disgusting![:@]

You judge a society by who its heroes are. Something has gone very wrong with America since its "revolution" in the 60s.

Jim

EisenHammer -> RE: Hero of the day. (1/30/2013 8:26:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

You judge a society by who its heroes are. Something has gone very wrong with America since its "revolution" in the 60s.

Jim

Thanks… for turning this inspirational story into a huge downer.

Josh -> RE: Hero of the day. (1/30/2013 9:41:33 PM)

It *is* an inspirational story, what that young men has achieved, or will achieve, is like climbing a mountain twice the Mount Everest.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI