Tanks Won't Go (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Command Ops Series

dazkaz15 -> Tanks Won't Go (1/27/2013 3:41:39 PM)

Must say I am loving this game.
It has taken quite some time to learn, but definitely worth the investment.
Anyway I have a problem if anyone can help I would be very grateful.

I have 2 Armoured company's from the 1st SS Pz Rgt with 15 Panthers each.
They have stopped moving, and the Move / Probe / Attack Icons have been greyed out.
They have 1419 and 2199 fuel respectively.
Fatigue is at 59% and 32%

They are cut of from their supply base so was wondering if this was the problem, but they both have fuel left?
Trouble is I can't move them to get back into supply as the move Icon is now greyed out.
Did I over stretch them or is there something else in play here?

Paul Roberts -> RE: Tanks Won't Go (1/27/2013 4:09:09 PM)

What time is it?

Units often won't move late at night even if their fatigue is at a reasonable level. They don't want to run all night and be exhausted for day operations.

There is a setting for "rest" in the orders details. You can tell units to ignore normal patterns of pausing at night there, if you need to.

dazkaz15 -> RE: Tanks Won't Go (1/27/2013 10:06:55 PM)

quote:

What time is it?

Units often won't move late at night even if their fatigue is at a reasonable level. They don't want to run all night and be exhausted for day operations.

There is a setting for "rest" in the orders details. You can tell units to ignore normal patterns of pausing at night there, if you need to.

Thanks for the reply Paul
I should have mentioned that they where not at rest in the original post sorry. I am aware of rest mechanics in the game, and the way they will bed down as the sun goes down if not set to no rest, and I can safely say in this instance that this is not the problem.

I just noticed that it says refuelling in the actions box, but they seam to have stalled for hours now. They have fuel in their tanks, so don't really understand why they won't move.

Another thing I have noticed is they are both crossing a stream with a movement penalty of 3%.
Is it possible they got stuck in the river trying to cross it? Not sure that kind of thing would be modelled? Would be harsh if it was, to have 30 Panthers stuck in a muddy stream for the duration of the battle!

I would feel the need for a firing squad, in the near future ;)

phoenix -> RE: Tanks Won't Go (1/28/2013 3:07:37 PM)

I have noticed that refuelling of tanks seems to take ages. I mean about 4 hours. It's probably realistic. How long have they been stalled? I think if the icons are greyed out then it must be the refuelling process. But not sure. It's not, I assume, a form of the 'halting' type behaviour, since that wasn't accompanied by greyed out options. You on patch 4?

RockinHarry -> RE: Tanks Won't Go (1/28/2013 7:58:20 PM)

Interesting. The Panthers definitely fell well below for what emergency supply request were usually sent (<50%). At average, the Panthers have around 100 litres left in the tanks, according to the figures above, but these figures likely represent the levels, after fueling had restarted already. What does the base depot tells about how many tanker trucks were sent?

The 30 Panthers have a fuel capacity of (30 x 750 l =) 21900 l. The standard german tanker truck has 1725 l bulk fuel capacity. In order to fuel all the Panthers up to max, it would require around 13 tanker trucks to be sent.

A full strength Pz Regt Base has 12 of these trucks available and if fuel stocks are sufficient, the base obviously needs to send a column more than once, to get fueling up done.

If things are less fortunate (Base far way, less than max strength tanker trucks available, fuel stocks low...), I could well imagine that refueling so many tanks could take half a day or more, which is realistic for late war germans. [X(]

dazkaz15 -> RE: Tanks Won't Go (1/29/2013 1:10:05 AM)

I have been playing around with it from a save I made before the issue started, and although I can't replicate the problem exactly as my supply lines where flashing in and out of supply due to enemy armour, and Recon, elements crossing my lines of communication.

The Avoidance time/Distance from my location to the Supply base was 4.13
The supply base had about 24/1 Bulk fuel available Transport Capacity
The unit I concentrated on was 1 Coy 1st SS Pz Regt with 14 Panthers
The scenario is Terror of the Tyne Tees
Current fuel 1976
D2 1907 refuelling Started
D2 2116 resupply on way
D22313 resupply arrived
D2 2314 Resupply requested
D2 2332 Resupply on Way
At this point the move icons where still greyed out.
The unit still had its previous order from before the refuelling event so I thought I would try playing around with giving it other orders, and this seemed to clear the greyed out icons and I was up and running again.

Arjuna -> RE: Tanks Won't Go (1/29/2013 7:03:04 AM)

dazkaz 15,

Sorry for the lateness of my reply. Only just arrived back in Canberra - stranded in Adelaide due to Queensland floods ( and they say there's no global warming ).

OK first question. What build are you using? You can find this in the lower right corner of the screen when you run the game?

dazkaz15 -> RE: Tanks Won't Go (1/29/2013 8:27:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

dazkaz 15,

Sorry for the lateness of my reply. Only just arrived back in Canberra - stranded in Adelaide due to Queensland floods ( and they say there's no global warming ).

OK first question. What build are you using? You can find this in the lower right corner of the screen when you run the game?

Sorry to hear your having such a hard time with the weather in Oz at the moment Arjuna.

We are having it a bit rough here in the UK as well. The wettest winter in recorded history I think they are saying now. Comes just after one of the driest summers, and we were heading for a drought!

The build is 4.3.249 I hit the auto updater almost every time I play, so should be up to date.

I think what is happening is that after refuelling its not continuing with its old orders automatically. I was able to get things going again after hitting delete then running the game until the new "no order" was received, then re issuing it with new orders.

I didn't have time to extensively test this theory and it may just have been a coincidence, and just happened to be ready to move again when I did this anyway.

If you could outline what should actually happen before, during and after refuelling, it would help a lot for me to understand if its working right or not.

Thanks for your help
Daz

dazkaz15 -> RE: Tanks Won't Go (1/29/2013 3:44:49 PM)

Is there any way you can override the 10 post, and 7 day no pictures, and links, for me as I have 14 screen shots of it happening to post?

wodin -> RE: Tanks Won't Go (1/29/2013 3:52:23 PM)

dazkaz..it's been the wettest year allround mate..not sure where you live but in the North West it rained most of the summer aswell..

phoenix -> RE: Tanks Won't Go (1/29/2013 4:38:33 PM)

There's a beta update to 4.4.255, Dazkaz, though we're awaiting 256 (so I guess you may as well wait for that too) which has been waiting for Matrix to put it up for over 2 weeks. The updater presumably doesn't give you the patch because it's beta and you have to get it from the members page in support (which might require you to register your copy of BFTB there to get access.) It's this page - http://www.matrixgames.com/support/ then you clickon 'My Games' over to the right, then - when you get a list of registered games - you can click on the word 'registered' opposite BFTB and the update will appear for you. As I said, you may need to register your copy of BFTB first. You can do that on this page - http://www.matrixgames.com/members/register.asp

dazkaz15 -> RE: Tanks Won't Go (1/29/2013 5:43:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

dazkaz..it's been the wettest year allround mate..not sure where you live but in the North West it rained most of the summer aswell..

Yeah that's right.
It was the first few months of the year, and the lovely spring we had I was referring to, when they where all talking about hose pipe bans for the coming summer that then turned out to be one of the wettest on record.

I live on the Isle of Wight, so we have had it a bit better than you guys up north :)

Thanks for the advice Phoenix.

Ill download the latest patch, and hope they don't get stuck any more ;)

Arjuna -> RE: Tanks Won't Go (1/29/2013 10:16:02 PM)

Build 4.4.256 should go up today. I would download and installe that and then run your saves in it. If the error persists in that build then let me know and I will investigate.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI