Captured fuel, black market ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Balou -> Captured fuel, black market ? (1/25/2013 2:27:17 PM)

What happens to captured fuel ? Whenever in game-info says I captured fuel, I wonder where it goes. At first I thought to look at the various pools in the production screen (fuel in units, fuel stores, fuel depots in HQs etc), then at the fuel in unit & in unit HQ, but I did'nt notice any apparent changes. Common sense would suggest that troops will somehow add captured fuel to their pools. What am I missing ?

gingerbread -> RE: Captured fuel, black market ? (1/25/2013 3:17:31 PM)

Should be in closest HQ of capturing unit.

If you want to see an example of the messages, run the '41 as Axis and set message time to say 5 seconds and message level to 7. Have a Pz Div displace an HQ or Airbase. Check fuel in HQ before and after.

Balou -> RE: Captured fuel, black market ? (1/25/2013 3:32:37 PM)

Settings as suggested, PzDiv overran airfield, message "captured etc" received, but not a single ton added to the parent HQ which was the nearest HQ nearby to battlefield.

gingerbread -> RE: Captured fuel, black market ? (1/25/2013 3:51:09 PM)

Hmm, then I don't know - the way I suggested and you did was how I learned how it worked, but that was a lot of versions ago.

If you can repeat with the same (non-)result, I suggest you file a bug.

Denniss -> RE: Captured fuel, black market ? (1/26/2013 1:07:25 AM)

Should appear in the Higher HQ of the capturing unit as damaged fuel dump.

Balou -> RE: Captured fuel, black market ? (1/28/2013 1:39:37 PM)

I tried it several times: no added fuel to be seen, neither in the parent HQ (eg Pz Corps), nor in the higher HQs (Pz Army, Army Group). No changes in the total number of fuel dumps, damaged fuel dumps, percent of fuel/need in units. Where else do I have to look ?

gingerbread -> RE: Captured fuel, black market ? (1/28/2013 2:12:27 PM)

Works OK for me, see below for before and after picks. 3 fuel and 6 supply - small catch in this case, but it does show up in the HQ.

[image]local://upfiles/23548/1135773BECED4DBE8D87F2C2C3F31121.jpg[/image]

Balou -> RE: Captured fuel, black market ? (1/28/2013 3:20:36 PM)

Ok, it works. Thanks. What happens to damaged fuel dumps ?

Denniss -> RE: Captured fuel, black market ? (1/29/2013 12:04:21 AM)

The usual as with other damaged equipment, either repaired or lost as unrepairable.

Balou -> RE: Captured fuel, black market ? (2/1/2013 3:06:08 PM)

Now I realized how it works I find it difficult not to be tempted to "exploit" this as a cheap source of gasoline when running far ahead my railheads in the early days of a GC. Even though these dumps are initially listed as damaged, sometimes tremendous numbers seem to be repairable until the following turn.

BTW, could sov aviation fuel be used german tanks IRL?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI