Hex limits for land attacks (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

DicedT -> Hex limits for land attacks (1/15/2013 3:15:55 PM)

What are the hex limits for the number of troops that can attack in clear, jungle, etc.? I'm trying to figure out how many troops I can attack with and how many I should place in reserve mode.

dr.hal -> RE: Hex limits for land attacks (1/15/2013 3:34:52 PM)

What version of the game are you using? There are limits in some versions and very few in others. Hal

DicedT -> RE: Hex limits for land attacks (1/15/2013 4:25:30 PM)

Da Babes, I think.

dr.hal -> RE: Hex limits for land attacks (1/15/2013 4:37:05 PM)

When you click on a hex (with some land in it of course!) then contained within the information popup box is the stacking limits for the hex. It includes people, supplies and fuel limits. Upper right corner if I recall as I don't have the game open now. This is considered by most folks (that I know of at least) to be a great improvement over the stock limits which at best were based only on the size of the "island" (an atoll was 6K people, etc.). Now you have much more realistic and thus greater restrictions on how many Chinese fighters you can cram into one hex!!!!

Icedawg -> RE: Hex limits for land attacks (1/15/2013 4:39:29 PM)

I don't think there are limits to the number of troops that can attack. I am working on the assumption that the hex limits are just stacking limits and have nothing to do with actual combat.

There is a supply consumption penalty if you are overstacked. Your guys will burn more supplies per day while overstacked. This is meant to deter players from creating the "death star" stacks that move around destroying anything and everything in their path.

I've been playing DaBigBabes C now for about 6 months and that seems to be the only effect (or that is the only effect I've noticed thus far). I thought I once read that there was also a fatigue and/or disruption penatly for overstacking. So far, I haven't noticed any such beast. That's not to say it's not there, it's just not serious enough for me to have noticed it before.

dr.hal -> RE: Hex limits for land attacks (1/15/2013 4:45:40 PM)

I believe you are right dawg! It is not a limit on the number of "combat" troops you can have, but the overall number of troops (thus including supporting troops, which if you look at your units carefully almost all have SOME form of "troops") within the units in that hex.

SqzMyLemon -> RE: Hex limits for land attacks (1/15/2013 4:54:53 PM)

I'm playing a DaBabes Light B game and the only issue I have with stacking limits is there is no way of knowing the stacking limit until you actually occupy a hex, unless it's a base hex or you already have troops in a hex. I'm often finding I'm overstacked moving into a hex, especially if the terrain changes. In some case you just have to make a mental note or document the stacking limits as you encounter them to get an idea on the limit.

If I'm missing something and there is a way to check stacking limits of an unoccupied, non-base hex please post how.

dr.hal -> RE: Hex limits for land attacks (1/15/2013 5:04:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SqzMyLemon

I'm playing a DaBabes Light B game and the only issue I have with stacking limits is there is no way of knowing the stacking limit until you actually occupy a hex, unless it's a base hex or you already have troops in a hex. I'm often finding I'm overstacked moving into a hex, especially if the terrain changes. In some case you just have to make a mental note or document the stacking limits as you encounter them to get an idea on the limit.

If I'm missing something and there is a way to check stacking limits of an unoccupied, non-base hex please post how.

Ahhh, that's a different question (and may be the one DicedT actually asked!) than what we have been addressing... I didn't think about that. Sorry. I don't know that answer, but it sure would be good to know.

Puhis -> RE: Hex limits for land attacks (1/15/2013 5:27:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SqzMyLemon

Maybe it's a new beta patch feature, but the stacking limit info is next to hex coordinates.

[image]local://upfiles/30598/69AD95524EEF4CE59808D2C2E0AB8212.jpg[/image]

SqzMyLemon -> RE: Hex limits for land attacks (1/15/2013 6:06:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

Maybe it's a new beta patch feature, but the stacking limit info is next to hex coordinates.

I'll check when I get home as I'd never noticed before. Thanks for pointing this out Puhis and most likely solving the problem.

DaveConn -> RE: Hex limits for land attacks (1/15/2013 6:55:21 PM)

Just to clarify, there is no absolute "limit" to the number of troops you can have, either combat or otherwise. If you exceed the "stacking limit", you will be subjected to increasing levels of supply use and disruption; but you can always cram more troops in if you want. Whether it is worth it is another question.

dr.hal -> RE: Hex limits for land attacks (1/15/2013 7:17:30 PM)

Yes thanks Puhis, never saw that, I'll have to look in my game now as well...Hal

SqzMyLemon -> RE: Hex limits for land attacks (1/15/2013 8:03:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DaveConn

Just to clarify, there is no absolute "limit" to the number of troops you can have, either combat or otherwise. If you exceed the "stacking limit", you will be subjected to increasing levels of supply use and disruption; but you can always cram more troops in if you want. Whether it is worth it is another question.

Increased supply use is the only outcome from overstacking a hex. There was another discussion about the effects of overstacking and it was established that no other penalties apply other than those associated with supply or lack thereof. You just reach that stage much faster.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.050781E-02