Flu outbreak in the States (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

wodin -> Flu outbreak in the States (1/13/2013 3:13:41 AM)

Just seen it on the news..hope our American members and families manage to avoid it..fingers crossed for you all.

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Flu outbreak in the States (1/13/2013 3:19:56 AM)

My wife and I got our shots.  Hope they work.

Qwixt -> RE: Flu outbreak in the States (1/13/2013 3:25:55 AM)

http://www.google.org/flutrends/us/#US

I just had my physical, and I was told it takes two weeks after the shot for it to be effective, which I got last week. I was also told it is only 60% effective in my age group. Not sure if I heard that last part right though.

wodin -> RE: Flu outbreak in the States (1/13/2013 3:35:45 AM)

yeah Flu injections aren't the wonder drug many think..not as effective as some would have you believe, however any risk reduction is good. It said 20 babies have died in the States so far..very sad.

rhondabrwn -> RE: Flu outbreak in the States (1/13/2013 6:20:55 AM)

Usually when I get a flu shot, I end up sick for the next three months (not the flu though, just my reaction to the shot) so I usually don't get the shot.

Of course, I'm in a high risk group (age 65 and Diabetic) but I'm also isolated on my ranch. I plan on staying home till this epidemic subsides... or the Zombies show up on my doorstep LOL

martok -> RE: Flu outbreak in the States (1/13/2013 11:16:13 AM)

A friend & coworker caught the flu last week, and was in the hospital for three days. She's doing much better now, but I get the impression it was pretty scary for a couple days there.

I myself got my shot back in November, so hopefully I'll be okay. [knocks on wood]

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Of course, I'm in a high risk group (age 65 and Diabetic) but I'm also isolated on my ranch. I plan on staying home till this epidemic subsides... or the Zombies show up on my doorstep LOL

Heh. Just please stay safe rhonda.

I wish my father would go get his flu shot. He's only a year younger than you, and he too is diabetic (although "only" type 2).

MrRoadrunner -> RE: Flu outbreak in the States (1/13/2013 12:03:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Usually when I get a flu shot, I end up sick for the next three months (not the flu though, just my reaction to the shot) so I usually don't get the shot.

I also get a severe reaction to flu shots. So, I do not take them.
And, if 4 out of ten will still get it I'd rather build up natural immunities to all the strains.

Plus, they said the most prevalent strain that most people are getting was not included in this past years flu shot package.

My wife has been sick for a week and a half. It's nasty. She had the shot.

Good luck hunkering down in Snowflake!

RR

junk2drive -> RE: Flu outbreak in the States (1/13/2013 1:42:24 PM)

The 1918 flu killed between 150 and 200 million people worldwide. Most deaths were from pneumonia as a side effect. If you are going to get a shot, get the pneumonia vaccine. Wash your hands, don't touch your eyes unless you just washed your hands. Stay home if sick and tell co workers to stay home if they get sick.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02