Nice vidoe (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Pelton -> Nice vidoe (1/8/2013 7:02:46 PM)

not sure how long its been up, but looks great.

Very much looking forward witw and wite inprovements.

http://www.2by3games.com/9922.html

janh -> RE: Nice vidoe (1/9/2013 7:06:54 AM)

That is ... awesome. Light mud, heavy mud, then weather centers with heavy snow moving across, and apparently also the terrain below plays a role in the weather effects (see the alps). Very promising...

Nice find, Pelton!

AFV -> RE: Nice vidoe (1/9/2013 12:14:14 PM)

I remember a while back, when I suggested we needed a "light mud" weather effect, one person scoffed at me, asking what is light mud, like it was a stupid idea. I guess if he buys WITW, he will have his answer!

Pelton, its been up at least a week- I first saw it from the WITW thread here in these forums. Its one of Joel's posts where he said his 15 yr old son helped build the website :)
This weather simulator is a MUST have for WITE2.

janh -> RE: Nice vidoe (1/9/2013 1:08:45 PM)

Me? Really? I thought it did concur with you and others that the weather/ground conditions could use a few more shades of grey... or brown, whatever? If it didn't come over that way, this is at least what I thought...

Seminole -> RE: Nice vidoe (1/9/2013 2:56:22 PM)

quote:

This weather simulator is a MUST have for WITE2.

Does this level of granularity in the weather model mean there won't be a non-random weather setting?

821Bobo -> RE: Nice vidoe (1/9/2013 3:29:58 PM)

If the weather model will really work, non-random will be useless. You can see cyclones/anticyclones in the video and I assume sudden mud everywhere can not happen. You can do more or less accurate forecast for next turn which will be not based on some random rolls and weather table like in WitE.

Seminole -> RE: Nice vidoe (1/9/2013 4:52:44 PM)

quote:

You can do more or less accurate forecast for next turn which will be not based on some random rolls and weather table like in WitE.

I wonder how fog of war should factor into knowledge of weather conditions over enemy territory.
How accurate would Axis knowledge of weather conditions over Soviet territory be?
Did the Western Allies share meteorological data with the Soviets?

Offworlder -> RE: Nice vidoe (1/9/2013 5:23:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Seminole

quote:

You can do more or less accurate forecast for next turn which will be not based on some random rolls and weather table like in WitE.

I wonder how fog of war should factor into knowledge of weather conditions over enemy territory.
How accurate would Axis knowledge of weather conditions over Soviet territory be?
Did the Western Allies share meteorological data with the Soviets?

Its better to not go down that road because we'll end up with having a war targeting weather stations in the polar regions and so on...

Numdydar -> RE: Nice vidoe (1/9/2013 6:01:41 PM)

You mean like in real life lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Greenland_during_World_War_II

Offworlder -> RE: Nice vidoe (1/9/2013 7:05:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

Exactly! [:'(]

AFV -> RE: Nice vidoe (1/10/2013 1:14:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: janh

Me? Really? I thought it did concur with you and others that the weather/ground conditions could use a few more shades of grey... or brown, whatever? If it didn't come over that way, this is at least what I thought...

Umm, I didn't say it was you (I checked, it was not you).
So, we will just have to agree to agree :)

janh -> RE: Nice vidoe (1/10/2013 9:20:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

[:D]

timmyab -> RE: Nice vidoe (1/10/2013 1:04:02 PM)

Looking good.It's a much needed improvement to the game.
Hopefully the first winter wont be set in stone for WITE 2.What might have happened given a more normal winter, or even an exceptionally mild one, is one of the most interesting questions that the game can examine.

Mehring -> RE: Nice vidoe (1/10/2013 9:13:49 PM)

Woah! It's good to feall listened to! Did I even see something about "road network"?

Can't believe it, might even get this one. :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI