Device quantities (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Zigurat666 -> Device quantities (1/4/2013 12:25:28 AM)

I have a question about individual devices such as certain gun types or support for example.If you shut off all of the armaments factories do these things stop producing or do they draw from your industrial reserve (armament points) like HI?
Also what determines what devices are going to be built any particular turn? So say I have units that require a certain gun type but the pool is at zero,is there a way to increase the build of that gun? Does expanding armaments factories help in this way?

Mike Solli -> RE: Device quantities (1/4/2013 1:31:56 AM)

As the Japanese player, life is easy in regards to production of guns, troops and vehicles. As long as you have manpower, armaments and vehicles in the pool, the AI will draw whatever is needed to produce what you need. The only issue is how fast it is built. You have no control over that. I don't really worry about specific guns (or squads or vehicles). I just worry about my armament and vehicle pools. (Manpower points will not run out so don't worry about them.) What I do worry about is which units I have with replacements on. The more that have replacements on, the more that is drawn out of my pools. That concerns me. The biggest concern is upgrading the tank regiments. I do that selectively, and only when my vehicle pool is >10k.

Zigurat666 -> RE: Device quantities (1/4/2013 1:13:54 PM)

So when I look at tracker under the device pools I see for example that "Aviation Support" squads have a build rate of 600/month. So I did a test and turned off all replacements and recorded the number in the pool which was 63. So if I,m correct 600 divided by 31 should be 19.31 new squads per day yet when I check after 2 turns the pool has only gone from 63 to 64? Thats why I,m asking if I,m doing something wrong to prevent the inventory from going up.

Puhis -> RE: Device quantities (1/4/2013 1:37:07 PM)

Japan produce squads, guns and vehicles when they are needed, so build rate is meaningless. When you turn replacements off, you don't produce any squads because units don't take replacements.

I don't know where you got one AV support squad, or why you have 63 squads in pool. Disbandes units maybe?

Zigurat666 -> RE: Device quantities (1/4/2013 10:41:33 PM)

Dont think its disbanded units,but not sure....likewise see also chinese squads pooled in this shot as well

[image]local://upfiles/30209/F19E401CDCB849ED91222B96846B3C6E.jpg[/image]

Puhis -> RE: Device quantities (1/5/2013 6:01:01 AM)

Also I have a small number of squads in pool. Don't know why. But that doesn't change the fact that Japan is producing squads when they are needed, as long as there's enough armament and manpower points.

Mike Solli -> RE: Device quantities (1/5/2013 1:44:20 PM)

I have noticed that as well Puhis. With all of the other things I have to worry about as a Japanese player, I accept it and move on. As long as I get what I want and my armament and vehicle pools are where I want them, I'm happy.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.501465E-02