1914 - Director's cut (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Mods and Scenarios

Keke -> 1914 - Director's cut (1/2/2013 12:28:00 PM)

This is going to be the fastest campaign mod ever. I'm going to add units that were edited out of the release version (for one reason or another), but which still are present in the .lua-file. I just how to make sure that there are no double entries (causes a crash).

While adding units (including naval) most propably causes imbalances and oddities, it would be really interesting to test it against someone who knows the game inside out (like warspite [;)]). I'll let you know when the mod is ready.

Keke -> RE: 1914 - Director's cut (1/2/2013 12:58:34 PM)

Ok, it has been done. Attached is the modified 1914.lua -file. If you want to test it, backup your original 1914.lua (founs at Commander the Great War\Data\Scripts\), and then overwrite the file with this one.

Keke -> RE: 1914 - Director's cut (1/2/2013 1:01:52 PM)

I've set up a private challenge with password "newmod" for anyone willing to test this with me.

warspite1 -> RE: 1914 - Director's cut (1/2/2013 1:21:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keke

Ok, it has been done. Attached is the modified 1914.lua -file. If you want to test it, backup your original 1914.lua (founs at Commander the Great War\Data\Scripts\), and then overwrite the file with this one.
warspite1

What does this mean exactly - sorry you wil have to assist me with anything technical [:(] Will I be able to play the game normally if I do the overwrite thingy?

Keke -> RE: 1914 - Director's cut (1/2/2013 1:35:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

What does this mean exactly - sorry you wil have to assist me with anything technical [:(] Will I be able to play the game normally if I do the overwrite thingy?

Don't overwrite anything without backup! In multiplayer, if I host the game, you don't have to do anything. At least that is my understanding.

Maybe Jmass could take this file and make it easier to use as a mod?

JMass -> RE: 1914 - Director's cut (1/2/2013 8:09:39 PM)

quote:

Your mod is JSGME compatible, now [;)]

Keke -> RE: 1914 - Director's cut (1/2/2013 10:01:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMass

quote:

Your mod is JSGME compatible, now [;)]

Thanks! I guess have to learn to use it. [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02