How to disable fog (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog

Peter Fisla -> How to disable fog (12/29/2012 4:15:37 PM)

I just got the game, I'm having fun with it but I don't like the graphics fog effect, is there any way to remove it ?

Thanks!

davidss -> RE: How to disable fog (12/29/2012 5:31:36 PM)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3218205

Tejszd -> RE: How to disable fog (12/29/2012 6:46:58 PM)

Matrix seems to have acknowledged that people want the ability to alter or turn on/off the fog and said they would do something in a patch about it. No ETA has been provided though....

davidss -> RE: How to disable fog (12/29/2012 6:58:39 PM)

Here is the file (Campaign.txt) already edited with the fog effects removed ... just unzip (extract) and then swap out the original with this attached file

File is located at:
C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Panthers in the Fog\DATA\BASE

get it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?oll0ep1mqus2d1h

Steve McClaire -> RE: How to disable fog (12/29/2012 7:14:30 PM)

Yes, the option to turn off the fog visual effect will be in the upcoming patch.  This should be available relatively soon after the holidays, but I do not have an exact date at this time.

Peter Fisla -> RE: How to disable fog (12/29/2012 7:56:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

Yes, the option to turn off the fog visual effect will be in the upcoming patch.  This should be available relatively soon after the holidays, but I do not have an exact date at this time.

Hi Steve,

That's great, thanks! You can keep the effect of Fog in the game...I just want the ability to turn off the graphics feature.

Peter

Uxbridge -> RE: How to disable fog (12/31/2012 9:08:30 PM)

Being able to lose the fog is nice, but I for one still like the idea of it, although I think it is to thick. Wouldn't it be possible to have it lighter, the effect, I mean? Maybe with occasional veils drifting over the battleground.

mooxe -> RE: How to disable fog (1/1/2013 5:04:01 PM)

Another option would be some sort of indicator saying its foggy. Like on the strategic map you get weather info such as storm, overcast etc etc. Lets get fog added to that and a reminder while in game as well on all weather conditions.

I don't know if this works in PiTF but in CC5 when it was stormy certain elements on the map would turn to mud making them harder to pass for infantry and vehicles. So we basically already have weather indicators and ingame effects of them, why not do fog the same way and just lose the representation of it in battle.

WoT -> RE: How to disable fog (1/2/2013 3:28:27 AM)

quote:

VVV
http://www.closecombatseries.net

Play all versions of Close Combat at www.gameranger.com.

Does PitF work on gameRanger?

Pvt_Grunt -> RE: How to disable fog (1/2/2013 8:56:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mooxe

Another option would be some sort of indicator saying its foggy. Like on the strategic map you get weather info such as storm, overcast etc etc. Lets get fog added to that and a reminder while in game as well on all weather conditions.

There is a weather indicator on the strategic screen.

[image]local://upfiles/24039/BD9C7BBD4AA14BAAB726351EEFC0BBB3.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI