Ghosts in the rubble (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Mods and Scenarios

Ichili -> Ghosts in the rubble (12/25/2012 7:43:03 AM)

A preliminary version of this ASL scenario, originally published by The General. The description is mine, taken from "Armageddon in Stalingrad", Glantz's book. It needs to be playtested: in my first two attempts as Russian against the AI, my forces were overwhelmed by the Germans.
Historically, though, the 253rd RR, encountering strong resistance, was able to reach a line from the western part of Novoselskaya Street by day's end, a hundred yards from its starting point.
These two files should go into Awakening the Bear scenario folder, and the base map is Jamm's Red Barricades mapboard.

junk2drive -> RE: Ghosts in the rubble (12/25/2012 1:44:26 PM)

I tried to look at this but my computer may not be up to the task. I put Jamm's files and your files in my WCS folders. Started in low res and changed settings to Giant Size maps. I get a green map. I picked Soviet vs AI and plotted the first arty strike and the game froze.

Thanks for sharing.

Ichili -> RE: Ghosts in the rubble (12/25/2012 6:18:41 PM)

Junk2 drive:

This is how Jamm's mapboard works for me:
First, his Stalingrad map set of files - Stalingrad.hexmap, Stalingrad.los, Stalingrad_Detail, Stalingrad_height, Stalingrad_input,, Stalingrad_Paper0, Stalingrad_Paper1, Stalingrad_Paper2 and Stalingrad_Paper3- should all be in Matrix Games / Conflict of Heroes Awakening the Bear/Data/Maps folder.
Second, the Ghosts in the rubble files - Ghosts in the rubble XML Document and Ghosts in the rubble,scenario file - should be in Matrix Games / Conflict of Heroes Awakening the Bear/Data/Scenarios folder.
Third and last, before actually playing, go to System preferences and under Video select Boardgame-Style maps, not giant sized maps.
The AI is very agressive and starts attacking me right away. On my third attempt against it I was able to get a more balanced result by simply infiltrating a few Soviet units by the east edge of the map to conquer objectives. And now I start with a more reduced defensive perimeter, with open hexes around my positions, to destroy as many German units as a I can, as they get closer to mine.
I love this game and Jamm's map.

junk2drive -> RE: Ghosts in the rubble (12/25/2012 6:50:21 PM)

OK that worked. Not sure that is how Eric envisioned it but we got to do what we got to do.

I got started and after a few moves I right clicked when I should have left clicked and... quit for now.

I recommend that you set it up for Soviet as human preferred and add a minimap or scenario card. It would also be nice to know that the Soviet player will receive that arty and the trenches.

Ichili -> RE: Ghosts in the rubble (12/25/2012 7:40:23 PM)

I am glad it worked, and yes, I am planning to add more detailed info, including the scenario card once I learn how to make one... It took me a while to understand how the editor works.
I am also converting some Eastern Front Tank Leader scenarios (West End Games). The map is huge, and it is almost done, with the exception of one thing: I still need to learn how to make rivers.

ericbabe -> RE: Ghosts in the rubble (12/25/2012 10:41:26 PM)

Thanks for your interest in making firefights. I hope to have some time over break to try this out.

There are no rivers in COH:ATB, but there will be rivers and fords in the sequel, "Storms of Steel."

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI