Good God! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

vonRocko -> Good God! (12/14/2012 7:17:28 PM)

Another school shooting. This time elementary kids. What the hell is wrong with us these days.
The poor families!

wodin -> RE: Good God! (12/14/2012 7:19:06 PM)

I can see guns being banned in the States sooner rather than later..a big mistake in my opinion..it will be like the UK..nutters and criminals will be armed and Innocent people wont be..

pipewrench -> RE: Good God! (12/14/2012 7:36:07 PM)

http://tunein.com/radio/CNN-s20407/

CNN Live Radio Feed

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/sandy-hook-elementary-school-shooting_n_2300831.html

Live stream news update.

SLAAKMAN -> RE: Good God! (12/14/2012 9:00:43 PM)

R.I.P.
quote:

Ezekiel 37

The hand of the Lord was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3 He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”

I said, “Sovereign Lord, you alone know.”

Hertston -> RE: Good God! (12/14/2012 9:26:44 PM)

I'm afraid this sort of thing will only stop when people stop petitioning God and start petitioning the NRA.

MrRoadrunner -> RE: Good God! (12/14/2012 9:55:07 PM)

It would stop if all good citizens were armed and trained to use their guns.

There will always be nut jobs? Why punish the good for what the evil do?

RR

wodin -> RE: Good God! (12/14/2012 10:00:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

I'm afraid this sort of thing will only stop when people stop petitioning God and start petitioning the NRA.

No it wouldn't...banning guns wouldn't stop it...look at the UK all the gangs have guns..there have been 28 shootings in Liverpool in the last few months and guns are banned here..I wish to god we could arm ourselves.

pipewrench -> RE: Good God! (12/14/2012 10:20:17 PM)

20 children and 7 adults were killed including the shooter and gun rights crop up??? [:-]

Let's wait a week for the details first before manning positions...[;)]

Hertston -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 12:20:41 AM)

Of course gun rights 'crop up'. They are they central issue of such tragedies no matter how much some people may try to convince themselves otherwise. Wait a week or a month or a year, makes no difference to that.

t001001001 -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 12:54:08 AM)

whatever

Jim D Burns -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 1:18:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

This has nothing to do with gun rights and everything to do with the 24/7 news cycle. If the news and other media didn't use these kinds of tragedies to make the shooters infamous, there wouldn't be so many copy-cat crimes. School shootings have gone way up in recent times because we have developed a culture that celebrates fame no matter what the cause of that fame and these nut jobs see that and seek the same attention and recognition those that have gone before have gotten.

Like it or not, it's the press in this country that has been responsible for the degradation of our culture and the press will never seek to do the right thing if it is left up to them to decide an issue, ever. The press will always choose to splash sensational stuff all over the screen and printed page regardless of any potential negative consequences. And if there is a buck to be made, a movie is definitely close behind the front page headlines. If you want to ban anything ban the presses rights to cover crimes before a trial has occurred.

After the trial they can splash anything they want about a crime, but by then of course they won't be able to pump the story with meaningless speculation and hyperbole, so they'll always cry foul and fall back on freedom of the press. There wasn't a 24/7 news cycle when the founders guaranteed freedom of the press and of course back then common decency was a common trait and no one could have ever imagined the scumbags that would infest the media that we have working in it today.

If you want to stop things like this from occurring so often, ban the press from covering it until after a trial. You can also make it unlawful to make a movie about mass killings as well, any law that would help keep the criminals name from becoming famous would work. Banning guns will only mean there is even less of a chance one of the victims is armed and can put a stop to the crime while it's in progress. Breaking the law is of no concern to those killing people so they'll still use guns. And if they can't find a gun they'll try and find another way (bomb or fire perhaps) to kill dozens, just as long as they get famous they don't care how they kill.

Razz -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 1:51:21 AM)

You know he did have a mental problem.

Treale -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 1:57:53 AM)

You can call it whatever you want, but some people are just evil!!!

t001001001 -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 1:59:40 AM)

Here's why this sort of thing goes on and on:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/live-updates-newtown-ct-school-shooting/

See the picture of his ugly mug and his 15 mins of fame? He should be kicked into a shallow hole. "unidentified shooter is dead. Nobody gives a **** what he name was."

I'm going to tell you something. Kick these ppl into a shallow hole, report headlines: "UNIDENTIFIED SHOOTER DEAD, BURIED. GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH. NO 15 MINS OF FAME. NOBODY GIVES A **** WHAT HIS NAME WAS ANYWAY. EVEN HIS FAMILY WASN'T NOTIFIED. **** THEM TOO."

It's nothing to do w/ guns. The press glamorizes these idiots. The name should never be known.

Of course, that's not good enough. Let's glamourize these sacks of ****, give out their name and their sorry story - encourage more. I guess.

If you conclude it's the fault of armed citizenry that results to this - you need to think more carefully.

t001001001 -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 2:27:56 AM)

[QUOTE]This has nothing to do with gun rights and everything to do with the 24/7 news cycle. If the news and other media didn't use these kinds of tragedies to make the shooters infamous, there wouldn't be so many copy-cat crimes. School shootings have gone way up in recent times because we have developed a culture that celebrates fame no matter what the cause of that fame and these nut jobs see that and seek the same attention and recognition those that have gone before have gotten.[/QUOTE]

I posted my crappy thoughts before I read yours. You are more eloquent. gmta. Cool. Good post, brotha.

Rtwfreak -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 2:46:47 AM)

3000 people were killed Sept 11th 2001 and not a single shot was fired. So when are we going to regulate personal flying of planes? All this is silliness about gun control. Guns don't kill people, people who use them do. Fix the people and the guns will take care of themselves. Stop making first person shooters video games and showing these kids as they grow up how to do it and making them indifferent and insensitive to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Make more wargames with hexes and they won't be able to relate that kind of interaction with life.

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 3:22:35 AM)

May the Lord God be with those family's tonight, who were touched by this incident in anyway.  So much evil in the world.  It's not getting worst, it's already there.

bairdlander -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 3:25:49 AM)

Blaming the media for the actions of someone who is obviously mentally ill is ridiculous.But I do fault the media for spinning this tragedy into the old firearms debate.

pipewrench -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 3:34:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

May the Lord God be with those family's tonight, who were touched by this incident in anyway.  So much evil in the world.  It's not getting worst, it's already there.

+1000

Next week is for finger pointing.

He had autism and a personality disorder from what I have heard.[:(]

WASHINGTON — A law enforcement official says some guns owned by the mother of the gunman in the Connecticut elementary school rampage match the models of the guns used in the shooting.

The official cautions that investigators haven't conclusively linked the guns used in the rampage to the ones the woman owned.

The official says state police records show the woman had legally purchased five firearms and all were registered in Connecticut. Authorities are still trying to account for all the guns.

The official was not authorized to speak to reporters about the investigation and spoke only on condition of anonymity.

Authorities say the woman's 20-year-old son killed her Friday, then opened fire inside the school in Newtown, massacring 26 people, including 20 children, then killed himself.

JW -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 3:57:28 AM)

488 murders in Chicago alone this year. Virtually ignored by the media. Similar numbers in other big cities.

The school shooting is a great tragedy. But we have daily tragedy in our big cities, usually involving young people, and the media ignores it.

rogo727 -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 4:06:21 AM)

The world is a mess-
"me"
P.S. please lock this thread....

pipewrench -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 4:08:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JW

488 murders in Chicago alone this year. Virtually ignored by the media. Similar numbers in other big cities.

The school shooting is a great tragedy. But we have daily tragedy in our big cities, usually involving young people, and the media ignores it.

Totally agree with you. It is a very sad problem that is constantly pushed under the rug.

Jeffrey H. -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 5:48:59 AM)

So sad and sorry for those parents whose children have been murdered. Nothing can ever be said or done about it to make it any better. I wish I had been there somehow and been able to try to stop things somehow. Or at least to have saved a few lives somehow.

Perturabo -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 6:58:08 AM)

Banning guns would be pretty bad because police can almost never arrive on time to stop the crime and policemen are much more likely to kill random innocent people during intervention.

The main reason mass shooting happen is that the perpetrators are ready to end their lives. I don't think lack of coverage would help because I don't think the perpetrators are motivated by wanting to be famous. And the main reason why they are mass killings is that schools don't provide proper protection to kids (armed teachers for example).

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rtwfreak

3000 people were killed Sept 11th 2001 and not a single shot was fired. So when are we going to regulate personal flying of planes? All this is silliness about gun control. Guns don't kill people, people who use them do. Fix the people and the guns will take care of themselves. Stop making first person shooters video games and showing these kids as they grow up how to do it and making them indifferent and insensitive to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Make more wargames with hexes and they won't be able to relate that kind of interaction with life.

Not really. Military history teaches one to look at life from perspective of a military conflicts. Wargames teach one that individual life is worthless and is to be a sacrificed in such a conflict.

See what I did there?

Josh -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 4:30:40 PM)

Well no matter what every time it happens it's a shock and every time a tragedy. Every time it's in the news I think to myself "is it ever gonna stop?" Probably not.

(Personally I feel a bit uneasy with weapons around but that's my cultural background, not used seeing them in public places see?. I'm not pro or con)

LarryP -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 5:23:20 PM)

What really kills.

t001001001 -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 5:34:11 PM)

quote:

P.S. please lock this thread....

"please lock this thread. Now that I've had my say nothing else needs to be said
so please lock down any responses."

[8|]

Good call. Any other edicts?

I think all threads here should be closed. Or perhaps you should be consulted, if it meets your approval. Whoever the ... you think you are.

Dumbass [8|]

Perturabo -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 6:00:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

What really kills.

It's sad that so many people can't into responsible use of alcohol or quitting using alcohol if they can't use it responsibly.
One think that annoys me is that it's really hard to get people to meet sober nowadays. It's like people in my age meet only to drink together.

SLAAKMAN -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 6:25:32 PM)

YOU TELL 'EM MISTACHICKEN!! U TELL 'EM! DONT TAKE THAT FRIED EGG LAYING DOWN! IF THEY DONT COOK IT SCRAMBLED THEN SEND IT BACK!! [:-]

t001001001 -> RE: Good God! (12/15/2012 6:27:06 PM)

If my neighbor drinks too much it doesn't matter to me.

What matters is the gobmint now looking at my 401, w/ ignorant and envious eyes. They're kicking their feet around looking at such a pretty girl

STOP DOING THAT!

They'll kick a few stones about, trying to look so cute while they're doing it. Bottom line: money!@!11

The gobmint is going to take my 401k. Money I've set aside will be stolen it's simple. So much money unused is unacceptable, so much wealth gobmint eyes bleed looking at it. They wants it.

They're going to have to do it overnight. Everyone w/ a stem will protect what they earned..

It's going to be done. A federal gobmint preaching relief to the "middle class" will suck every penny.

"YOU DIDN'T BUILT THAT!!!1111"

oh my gods [8|]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.710938E-02