Maxium Difficulty Setting (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> After Action Reports

paultaff -> Maxium Difficulty Setting (12/13/2012 9:13:03 AM)

Just played PITF for the first time. First impressions v.good. Looks great. However the AI was not very aggressive. Grateful if someone could attach a screenshot showing the the hardest difficulty setting. The handbook is not very clear as in earlier versions of the game.

Thanks.[:)]

paultaff -> RE: Maxium Difficulty Setting (12/13/2012 9:14:48 AM)

Maximum!

Steve McClaire -> RE: Maxium Difficulty Setting (12/13/2012 5:56:30 PM)

The most difficult setting is to set your difficulty setting to ELITE, and set the AI's difficulty setting to RECRUIT.  This will give the AI more and stronger teams, as well as giving the AI more replacements, and more fire support.  And you will receive significantly less of all these.

If you want to take it even further, you can give the computer the ability to always see your units.  This will make it shoot at you. A lot.  But it can be frustrating as you'll end up getting mortarted when technically the AI shouldn't know where you are.

Sapa -> RE: Maxium Difficulty Setting (12/15/2012 9:58:11 AM)

As Steve have informed about

[image]local://upfiles/31937/E8DFD00042484CE6BC6F012BB0979F4E.jpg[/image]

WoT -> RE: Maxium Difficulty Setting (12/15/2012 11:39:12 AM)

it is counter intuitive.

if you are an Elite player you get less resources to fight with

if you are a Recruit you get more resources to battle with

paultaff -> RE: Maxium Difficulty Setting (12/17/2012 4:46:48 PM)

Steve, Sapa & WOT,

Thanks.

fbs -> RE: Maxium Difficulty Setting (12/23/2012 8:22:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoT

it is counter intuitive.

if you are an Elite player you get less resources to fight with

if you are a Recruit you get more resources to battle with

Indeed it is. I never even looked at the game but guessed that "Elite" meant the German force would be elite, that is, very strong and with excellent equipment.

Then I had to read the post 3 times to understand that "Weak" means lots of people and equipment.

genehaynes -> RE: Maxium Difficulty Setting (12/30/2012 2:53:21 PM)

Just my opinion, but if you look at the difficulty settings relating to the PLAYERS abilities rather than troop quality, it does make sense. In the above example the human (i.e you) are controlling the Germans, so setting them to Elite is for the better / "expert" PLAYERS. It does not indicate the quality of the German troops. Same for the Americans, setting the difficulty level to recruit gives the AI "PLAYER" the maximum advantage playing a human (i.e. you). Anyway, that's how I look at the difficulty settings.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI