Using Artillery (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Arne Beruldsen -> Using Artillery (12/12/2012 1:55:45 AM)

Playing as the Soviets for the first time ... I have the option of acquiring various artillery units. I'm not sure how these units are best used. Are they used on the attacking stack or behind the stack? I'm also puzzled by references to Reserve Mode and how this is used.

Any suggestions would be helpful...thanks.

delatbabel -> RE: Using Artillery (12/12/2012 10:14:26 AM)

You don't want to bother spending a lot of APs building brigades. Wait for the divisions when they become available.

Artillery is best used in attack by placing it 2 hexes from the hex you need to attack. Select the artillery units along with the other units you plan to throw into the assault, keep the shift key down as you right click the enemy stack, and the artillery will fire.

They are quite effective at lowering fortification values and so can turn an otherwise unsuccessful attack into a successful one.

Maximeba -> RE: Using Artillery (12/12/2012 5:00:16 PM)

quote:

Artillery is best used in attack by placing it 2 hexes from the hex you need to attack. Select the artillery units along with the other units you plan to throw into the assault, keep the shift key down as you right click the enemy stack, and the artillery will fire.

They are quite effective at lowering fortification values and so can turn an otherwise unsuccessful attack into a successful one.

Do you have to put artillery in reserve mode for defensive purpose?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI